Menu

Selling things on FB Marketplace

DawnM

I listed an area rug.  The listing went like this:

8x10 area rug

Moss green color with golds and tans

No smoking, but we do have a dog

Pick up in (my town) only, I cannot deliver.

SOOOOOOO:

I have gotten 100 questions from 100 people 

1. What size is this?

2, What color is it?

3, Does anyone in your home smoke?

4. Where are you located?

5. Can you deliver (or meet me) 50 miles away from where you live?

🤣🤔🤨🙄🤪

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Jentrovert said:

Ugh. The last few times I posted something (I'm not on fb anymore) the last line was "If you ask a question that is already answered in the post, don't expect an answer. 😊"

Crazy that I even have to quantify that.

Maybe I need to say, "Idiots will not be answered."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Seasider too said:

“That time’s not good for me. Can you just leave it outside and I’ll venmo you?”

Speaking of Venmo, I wouldn’t mind accepting it, but I would raise the price by 10% to cover the instant transfer to my bank option fee. Do you do that?

I have the venmo debit card so that I can use those small amounts of money at the grocery store or wherever I need it.  

17 hours ago, Seasider too said:

“That time’s not good for me. Can you just leave it outside and I’ll venmo you?”

Speaking of Venmo, I wouldn’t mind accepting it, but I would raise the price by 10% to cover the instant transfer to my bank option fee. Do you do that?

I am old school, I only have PayPal.  Should I get Venmo?  I should look into it.  Is it really 10%?

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

I am old school, I only have PayPal.  Should I get Venmo?  I should look into it.  Is it really 10%?

Guess I’m really, really old school. I’ll leave it on the porch and put the cash in the envelope.😊

3 hours ago, Seasider too said:

Sure, I could use that for gas. But I prefer cash. 

I can just imagine all kinds of things going wrong in the situation that potential buyer proposed to me. Like claiming they didn’t pick up the item, someone else must have taken it, now gimme a refund. 

I had a porch pick up recently that my item was taken but no money left behind.   I definitely prefer cash, but if they want a porch pick up from now on they are going to venmo, apple pay or paypal me ahead of time. 

BTW, I've had a paypal account for years which is why I have it, and venmo is fee free for how I use it, but for me Apple Pay is where it's at.  I use my apple pay quite a bit, and it's nice to have those small amounts of money just get added on there for the little things I use it for.