Menu

Gentle, floor based, relaxing Yoga???

LarlaB

I am slowly trying to work towards regaining health- as a concussion, POTS and MCAS have come to me in the last 6 months.  My limitations with POTS are pretty significant- all exercise needs to be recumbent because my heart rate skyrockets when simply standing  I essentially need to build fitness and strength while seated and then go from there. But not too intense- my body is hyper reactive right now and I'm just coming out of a month long flare which has been h3ll.   Pushing thru anything even mildly hard, is a bad bad thing and I will pay for it with cascades of  random norepinephrine/adrenaline dumps for days. 

So- I'm looking for floor based Yoga workouts to complement my recumbent bike. Needs to be super gentle but still mildly challenging so I don't lose interest.   I have a basic familiarity with Yoga (and very familiar with Pilates, but bored with it) but don't know where to even start finding something that fits.  Lots of extremes in yoga- I've found intense and fast power stuff and really zen and 'just sitting here breathing'...looking for a middle ground. 

Suggestions?  THANKS!

I love Jane Adams's Gentle Yoga DVD.  I've got all her DVDs but Gentle Yoga is my fave. It has several practices.  Her Balance & Strength DVD has a seated practice I enjoy. 

ETA: I just saw that you needed lying. Gentle Yoga has one lying practice and one that's partially on the floor. 

Maybe Mimi Solaire Deep Stretch Yin Yoga. It's super gentle and soothing. From what I remember, it's done laying down. 

Edited by alisoncooks