Menu

Lab/Pyrenees mix

Jaybee

On 12/11/2019 at 9:31 PM, Rachel said:

We have a one year old lab, he’s a sweet guy who is occasionally quite rambunctious. He’s 70 pounds and scrawny as all get out, but he’s got long legs.  Despite our wishes he rests his chin on the table when we are eating! 

Anyway, I can’t wait to hear what kind of dog you end up with. 

88E60A0A-987A-443C-BD1D-374168BD782D.jpeg

Wait....you have a one year old Lab AND a Christmas tree? What dark magic are you using to keep the two from engaging in mortal combat? 😂

We have a 9 month old lab/border collie/tornado mix and have decided to skip the tree this year! Hopefully she will have settled down a bit by next Christmas and the decorations can come out of hiding! 

eta: He's quite the handsome fellow, btw! 

Edited by I talk to the trees
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

Wait....you have a one year old Lab AND a Christmas tree? What dark magic are you using to keep the two from engaging in mortal combat? 😂

We have a 9 month old lab/border collie/tornado mix and have decided to skip the tree this year! Hopefully she will have settled down a bit by next Christmas and the decorations can come out of hiding! 

eta: He's quite the handsome fellow, btw! 

Hahaha! I don’t know. It’s a fake tree and we set it up one day, did the lights the next,  and then the kids decorated the third day. We have a pretty open house so we shut off the living room as best we could until I was sure he wouldn’t destroy it. We do crate him when we are gone and occasionally the tail goes crazy near the tree but he hasn’t hurt it yet. 

Ps we have two cats and a beagle mix too. The beagle(normally not a chewer) has eaten one non food present but the cats haven’t bothered with tree at all. 

Edited by Rachel

On 12/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, Jaybee said:

You all have convinced me. I don't want one as big as this is probably going to be; outside is one thing, but in the house? I don't think so! Plus, while we've had dogs before, we aren't "experienced" owners as far as training difficult dogs. All along I've been leaning toward a mini-goldendoodle. I know the arguments against them, but the personality ranges are pretty much what we want. I'm also following mini-whoodles and mini-aussiedoodles. Our dd's dog is a standard goldendoodle. He's such a great dog! Just tall. So tall.

ETA: Oh, and your basic good ol' family golden retriever. Been looking at them as well.

Have you seen miniature poodles in a teddybear cut? They look a lot like a small golden doodle and are so sweet and smart smart smart! 8_teddy_bear_cut_265_8_600.jpg

Yes, they are cute. We had one (in a puppy cut) for a time many years ago; an adorable little black one, but had to rehome her to a friend's home because of our overseas living circumstances at the time. She was a great little pup. Anything other than a very inexpensive mutt, we will have to wait on. I wouldn't mind getting another mini-poodle. I do like the golden retriever personality mixed with the poodle, generally speaking. From what I've seen around here, the price is about the same for either one. 

21 hours ago, Jaybee said:

Yes, they are cute. We had one (in a puppy cut) for a time many years ago; an adorable little black one, but had to rehome her to a friend's home because of our overseas living circumstances at the time. She was a great little pup. Anything other than a very inexpensive mutt, we will have to wait on. I wouldn't mind getting another mini-poodle. I do like the golden retriever personality mixed with the poodle, generally speaking. From what I've seen around here, the price is about the same for either one. 

Good Food and vet care add up fast too.

Plus supplies if you don’t still have them from a past dog.

Possibly training classes, grooming if you get a dog who needs that...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pen said:

Good Food and vet care add up fast too.

Plus supplies if you don’t still have them from a past dog.

Possibly training classes, grooming if you get a dog who needs that...

Yes, I realize that, which is part of why we do not have one yet. 

• Like 1