Menu

Would this bug you

Scarlett

1 minute ago, MercyA said:

Absolutely it would bug me. A neighbor did the same when some workers were finishing our basement before we moved in. He's a super nice guy and was just curious...but no. You don't do that! I never made an issue of it with the neighbor, but I'm pretty sure my husband told the workers not to let anyone in again. What in the world?!?

My friends are super great people too.....but I am still thinking ....what in the world!  

And the thing is......they were super excited to tell me they stopped by and went through our house......absolutely no shame at all....which is what prompted me to ask if it would bug others.  

• Like 1

Well our neighbors had a fire almost 2 years ago and the house is now almost completed.  She gave me a tour a couple weeks ago after being shocked I hadn’t already seen it. She said everyone checked it out while it was being rebuilt and I could have at any time. 😳.  I would have considered it trespassing.  So I guess not everyone feels bothered by that stuff.  Obviously I would.

• Like 1

It kind of sounds like the only reason that this is an issue is that you were told about this, or somehow found out. You can choose to get all upset, or you can just get on with life. 

I don't see how this was a premeditated violation of your privacy. If you were on-site, you probably would have shown them around yourself. You can still do that when you have furniture and stuff inside.

59 minutes ago, wintermom said:

It kind of sounds like the only reason that this is an issue is that you were told about this, or somehow found out. You can choose to get all upset, or you can just get on with life. 

I don't see how this was a premeditated violation of your privacy. If you were on-site, you probably would have shown them around yourself. You can still do that when you have furniture and stuff inside.

Oh yes drop in friends eagerly told me.  Lol.  They obviously didn’t feel they did anything that would upset me.  And I did not let on to them that it bugged me.  And I am not that upset.  Just a little bugged....over it already.  Lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Oh yes drop in friends eagerly told me.  Lol.  They obviously didn’t feel they did anything that would upset me.  And I did not let on to them that it bugged me.  And I am not that upset.  Just a little bugged....over it already.  Lol. 

It is nice to have friends that are excited for you. 

• Like 1

This is one of those things that would completely depend on who it was. If it was someone I'm frequently annoyed by, my emotional response would be to find it absolutely horribly rude. If it was someone I like and find friendly and helpful, I'd love that they cared enough to check in. I hope that knowing this about myself would help me extend grace to the annoying guests, but on a bad day it wouldn't, I'm pretty sure.

Edited by xahm
Typo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Janeway said:

I have to admit about the just completed house...I am thinking you mean a new build...this would not bother me so much. In new neighborhoods, the builders often continue to show the houses up until they close. People around them are always looking. I went to the new neighborhood next to ours one weekend and was looking at the various houses and found a few other neighbors there. Even when realtors have open houses, they say they expect neighbors to come by and see. Our old house had an open house and some of our neighbors mentioned they had gone and it did not bother me. 

It was a new build. But we commissioned it. We purchased the lot and we hired the builder and set everything up. It wasn't a spec home. It was our home from the very beginning of construction. And the Sold sign in the front yard indicated that. The doors were locked unless the workmen were there  That would be like driving by and seeing some workmen working  on finishing on a house, and just getting out and walking through it. That seems a little over the edge to me. Now, if it was a spec home and clearly for sale, that's different. 

9 minutes ago, Bambam said:

It was a new build. But we commissioned it. We purchased the lot and we hired the builder and set everything up. It wasn't a spec home. It was our home from the very beginning of construction. And the Sold sign in the front yard indicated that. The doors were locked unless the workmen were there  That would be like driving by and seeing some workmen working  on finishing on a house, and just getting out and walking through it. That seems a little over the edge to me. Now, if it was a spec home and clearly for sale, that's different. 

Which is what my friends did.

So I thought y’all would get a kick out of this.  Contractor friend has apparently  mentioned drop in friends to Dh at least three times this week.  When I went by tonight Dh told contractor friend....’.tell Scarlett..’...contractor friend was ticked about it.  He said they did not even knock....just barged in and started going all through the house.  They then saw the rental property and wanted to go through it.  Contractor said he didn’t have the key to it.  My friends are good people....I am not still irritated at them....but I do feel validated that it was weird even to the contractor...

• Confused 1