Menu

Craft November Thread

DawnM

Christmas decor.

I bought a star made from tobacco sticks last year and hung it up on our fireplace, but it didn't show up well against the stone. I'm going to paint it a pearlescent white -- hopefully today. I bought spray paint yesterday but it's COLD out!

I also want to make a new Christmas wreath. I know how I want it to look but I haven't had time to hit the craft store. Maybe next weekend. 

• Like 2

I have to finish two knitted Christmas stockings for my son and dil. I'm currently halfway through the triangle one Triangle and Reindeer Stockings.

I also plan on knitting a Gramps Gramps Cardigan for my 14yo nephew. He asked me to knit one for him! I'm super excited about that. 🙂 I'm going to knit it in a solid color - no contrasting collar and button band. 

I love seeing everyone's crafts on these threads! @mlktwins your needlepoint is lovely!

• Like 2

• I have started crocheting a mermaid tale blanket thing to give my daughter for Christmas. I'm using bulky yarn, which should help me get through it in a reasonable amount of time.
  • I purchased (!) and downloaded patterns to crochet Lady and the Tramp ornaments for my daughter and her partner. They are moving in together (this week) and will have their first Christmas tree this year. So far, I've gotten as far as scrounging through my yarn stash to find supplies. So, we'll see how that goes.
  • For my husband, I've started crocheting the first of what I hope will be two or three figures from this book. I'd like to finish at least Frankenstein's monster and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. If I complete those, I may add Quasimodo. 
  • I also ordered a couple of Muppet appliques to put on polo shirts for my husband. I made him three of these shirts several years ago. He wears them frequently and is always delighted when people compliment him on them.
  • While I was poking around searching for the appliques, I stumbled across some Muppet-themed fabric and ordered enough to sew him a pair of pajama pants.

So, I'm feeling pretty good about handmade holiday stuff for my daughter and husband. Now I just need ideas (and time/energy to execute them) for my daughter's partner, my son and his girlfriend. 

• Like 2

I'm working on things for my upcoming piano/Orff ensemble recital. I've done ornaments for the kids and t-shirts for the orff group (They're doing a set of selections from the Nightmare before Christmas). I also got travel cups done for my parents, brother, and SIL, because any presents I get done before Thanksgiving don't have to be mailed. 

59A7EB34-EEDE-4776-AB0E-7920675488B5.jpeg

7FC98E1D-7D46-4D6C-AD9A-4FE148FB1534.jpeg

CFB8F813-3008-40A6-B018-1780534503C3.jpeg

• Like 2

I recently finished a couple more baby quilts for my stack and I have started knitting some Christmas ornaments.  I need to finish putting the ornaments together before I can post any. I having some gift quilts in progress.

This one I have nicknamed “The Girls” and they crack me up.  Happy to say all the red made it through a wash cycle just fine.

IMG_4067.jpg

• Like 3