Menu

Anyone drive a Kia Sorento?

Katy

They're one of the cheapest 3rd row SUV's.  My Yukon XL needs replacing and the new version of that is not in the budget, and the used ones cost more than the new Kia's, which also have really cheap financing toward the end of the year.  I realize they won't have all the bells and whistles of my current Denali package, but that's okay.  We have toddlers and I won't mind not policing the food in the car because it seems like they need to snack constantly.  Also I think our new HOA requires us to park inside the garage when it gets snowy, which means I need something smaller.  I don't think the Yukon will fit in the garage without convincing DH to get rid of some of his stuff, which is unlikely.

• Like 1

I don't *own* one but I've ridden in one. It was fine. Not sure you'll be happy after the Denali, but whatever. Have you looked at a Toyota Sequoia? I suggested it to someone else (irl) with a similar situation and they have LOVED it. Runs like nobody's business, no issues. 

• Like 1

Can't speak to the Sorento but we have Sedona. It's our 2nd one and we will downsize to the Sorento when the time comes. We are beyond happy with KIA. Can't beat the price, warranty, reliability and comfort. Love the new Sorentos that seat 7. Not the luggage space we need for 7 & a trip but we would use a hitch shelf. 

• Like 1

No personal experience with that  particular model, but I can tell you that a lot of our neighbors have various KIA models. A lot of "bang for the buck" or in our case, for the Peso. Also, earlier this year, in the JD Power survey of new car owners in the USA, KIA as I recall was one of the best brands. I think that particular survey had to do with issues the owners discovered during the first 90 days?

Good luck with your new car!

• Like 2