Menu

The Book Addict's Teachers Lounge 9-6-2019

scrapbookbuzz

Hello and welcome to the Lounge! 🏕️

Today's theme stems from the fact that I admit to being a book addict. In fact, I just ordered (via the gargantuan company who shall not be named)
a book on embroidery, justifying it as a necessary school book. Truth be told, I feel it IS necessary...to me. And I DO plan to use it in my son's schooling.
This particular embroidery book has amazing pictures and instructions for myriad stitches! Personally, I think it would be a good thing for him to know!

What books have you bought lately? What are they for? Here: see above. PLUS, I considered some others but decided to go with just the one for now.

Where do you tend to buy your books?  📚Here: I do enjoy the gargantuan company who shall not be named, but I also like yard sales, estate sales, and thrift
stores. In fact, in a little bit here I'll be headed out to see if I can find a few of those sales.

What are your weekend plans? Here: I'm going to a town about two hours away tomorrow to be part of a video Bible Study filming. I'll be in the "studio" audience. 🙂

Talk to me! 🤸‍♂️What

Hello, scrap! Happy Friday!

We used to have a pretty extensive home library but when we began downsizing two moves ago, we sold or donated a few thousand items. We got rid of another thousand in the next move and we still donate a few to the Little Free Libraries each week.  We live in a HCOL area and we can’t justify the space.

The only books I still buy are herbals, and they all fit on one bookcase shelf. They are things my library doesn’t carry.

• Like 1

The only book I bought recently was Rachael Hollendar's book What Is A Girl Worth? Which details her exposing Larry Nassar.  It is well worth the cost.

Other than that, I love love love books, but rarely to never buy them as I utilize the library for almost everything.

I bought a paperback copy of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader at the thrift shop this week,  to use for a class. Don't want to mark in my nice hardback! 

Also bought a Dover thrift edition of Alexander Pope's poems from the giant, online, fast delivery, have everything company. 

Oooh. Is this where the BAA (Book Addict Anonymous) Meeting is? Then I’m in the right place. I most recently bought the teachers guide to one if my kids texts, but Ive bought so many others lately I can’t even remember! 

My favorite places to get books are Half Price Books and the once a year Friends of the Library sale in the next county over. It’s so big, it’s held in an arena every year. Always good finds there.

• Like 1

Most books I get at the library because we read so much. I go every week and lugging them back and forth is laborious because of their quantity.

I buy books from thrift stores, garage sales and the library used book store which is really good. Things I can't find so easily I get through Amazon. I have also gone to a homeschooling store about an hour away in the past.

Space became an issue and still is so I get rid of books that nobody is going to read anymore and that are not extremely sentimental or rare. This is painful though.