Menu

Needing some prayers for my husband

Mama Geek

He is coming down with a cold, we are in the hurricane zone although it will take a direct hit south of us by the looks of things, and he is supposed to fly out for a job interview out of state Tuesday which will likely be postponed unless somehow the airport stays open.  We still have stuff to do around the house to get ready and if he isn't interviewing he knows how to run a chainsaw and really wants to help what he can after a storm.  Please pray also that the dd and I don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

11 minutes ago, Mama Geek said:

He is coming down with a cold, we are in the hurricane zone although it will take a direct hit south of us by the looks of things, and he is supposed to fly out for a job interview out of state Tuesday which will likely be postponed unless somehow the airport stays open.  We still have stuff to do around the house to get ready and if he isn't interviewing he knows how to run a chainsaw and really wants to help what he can after a storm.  Please pray also that the dd and I don't get it.

I hope it doesn’t turn into a major cold.  I would run to the nearest store that carries Elderberry syrup and stock up!  It is expensive, but we use the Sambucol brand.  I would have him taking 3 or 4 doses a day for several days and would have you and your dd taking a couple of doses a day.  I found out about Elderberry syrup on this board and it really does help!  Need to start it early or as prevention though.

i will pray for ya’ll!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrincessMommy said:

praying for your husband.  I hope it's just the change in barometer pressure that is irritating his sinuses (they do mine).   I'll third Elderberry.  Drink it several times.  

Also, Umca if you can find it.  Both together should help.  I like the one you can put in warm water. 

What is Umca?

Update, dh is doing better, but I now have it.  We have the Elderberry syrup and I have been taking zicam as well.  We are still waiting on the hurricane which we will maybe start seeing tropical storm winds sometime tomorrow.  Dh canceled the flight and will be able to reschedule anytime within the next year.  Hopefully he can get through shortly after the storm to fly out.  The people is actually supposed to interview won't know he isn't coming until tomorrow morning because they were out of the office Friday and closed today.  

• Like 3