Menu

Transcript question - photo?

I thought I'd seen everything. I've got a transcript template I'm working with, and I'm satisfied. Then I googled my local HS sample transcript and found this PPT explaining their high school transcript... and it has a photo of the student on it! Is that necessary? Will that help in any way for colleges to see the face that goes with the numbers/essays? Something in me thinks it might... What are your thoughts? Seen this one before?

transcript.PNG

• Like 1

I've never seen one like it. I remember having to submit photos with my application to one college back in the early 90s. I would not add a photo to my child's transcript. (While it could improve one applicant's chances, it might instead get tossed because the office wouldn't want to appear biased.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mirabillis said:

what do you mean that transcript is from 20 years ago? 20 years ago they used photos? do any other public/private high schools use this type of photo transcript anymore then?

No, I was just reading the Class of 2000 next to the photo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RootAnn said:

I've never seen one like it. I remember having to submit photos with my application to one college back in the early 90s. I would not add a photo to my child's transcript. (While it could improve one applicant's chances, it might instead get tossed because the office wouldn't want to appear biased.

+1

IMO putting a photo on the Transcript might be the "KOD" (Kiss of Death) for that student and the application. 

If someone is in the USA they do not put a photo on their Resume. I think the potential employer would toss that application into the trash, and I think a university would do the same.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RootAnn said:

I graduated high school in 1985 and had to submit a photo with my college applications.

I would think this would be a big no-no nowadays!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alewife said:

I wonder if the College Board submits a photo to the colleges?  

I don't think so, but they say they might send it. 

"In the event of an investigation involving the validity of your test scores, your photo may be made available to institutions to which you have sent your scores. Any college that is granted access to your photo will first be required to certify that you are an admitted student."

• Like 1

thanks for the responses. this is from a PDF from our local HS 'explaining your high school transcript.' don't know if that means this is what theirs looks like, but you'd sure think it was. it goes over section by section, how to read your own transcript. weird. ok, no photo then. back to regularly scheduled transcript creation for me. whew!