Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Look around and find my motivation  - I put it somewhere around here.
Coffee
Bible

Phone Calls Today:  
Dr appt. for Ella
Medical Eqpt place
Pharmacy

Ugh.  Called all.  None have done anything.  Prescription?  Not received from the office.  Equipment place?  Needs to contact insurance... But I gave them all the info they needed LAST Wednesday.  Dr. appointment?  Been waiting for the referral since last week after 8 MONTHS of fiddling around with stomach aches.  
I hate medical finagling.

Organize the clothing in 2 tubs and Will's room

School:
Barton x 3
Math with all
Reading with Cate
Writing

Call Homeschool Office and see if they are open today or tomorrow - run up and get Pudewa videos because the kids love 'em (sarcasm 😉 ) and drop off volunteer background check.  (They weren't - Tuesdays only during summer.)

And I blew off all the morning stuff because DD didn't want to pay her tax, title, and license by herself.  So we left bright and early.  When we got there, they are closed on every second Tuesday of the month until 10AM.

Today is a lost cause.  I can't decide whether to attempt to redeem it or take a nap.

Edited by BlsdMama
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Jean, are your hives better?

• Last swim practice for ds today.  
  • Library  
  • Post Office  
  • AHG stuff  
  • Piano lessons in the afternoon.  

Dinner is the pork chops and veggies I didn't cook yesterday. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning! Busy day here.

• coffee/paper
  • take ds3 to tennis
  • clean kitchen and pull some weeds
  • pick up ds3 from tennis
  • home to get ready and more chores
  • take ds3 to doubles match
  • take dd2 to university research study
  • watch match
  • home to rest
  • chores for me
  • grocery store?
  • back to singles match
  • dh is picking up dd2 and they are looking at cars for dd1
  • watch singles match
  • home

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Yes, Jean, how are the hives today? Hopefully improved. 

For me, I didn't work on DS's quilt yesterday - ended up too hot/tired and just vegged. So, gotta do some of that today. I did, instead, do some more school organizing, so it wasn't a total wash. 

So today...

....work on the quilt
....go for my mother's day massage (the guys got a groupon for me to go)
...more laundry
...figure out dinner
....maybe organize the school corner of my room, as best I can so I can tell DH what size bookshelf I need in there 

• Like 4

Good morning!

My list is pretty boring today. It's going to be another stay-at-home-and-(try)-to-get-things-done day.

• school w/dd
  • office work (banking & financial stuff)
  • text hay guy
  • sweep out big hayshed
  • vacuum (this desperately needs to happen, since it hasn't gotten done all week)
  • clean upstairs bathrooms
  • go through Subscribe & Save list
  • dinner: Mediterranean bowls with falafel, parsley tomato salad, and flatbread

• Like 4

Oh, I’m sorry about the hives! 

Vacuum, Iowa test with middle guy, call for doc appt for me, pay a bill, ABA, babysit friend’s kids, take kids somewhere (swimming? Skating? It should really be swimming but I am not enthusiastic), fold laundry, draft an application thing for middle guy, work for 1.5 hours, lunch, dinner, regular house maintenance.

• Like 5

Ugh.  I hope that ds gets his car running very soon.  (The plan is tonight or at least by the end of the weekend).  40 minutes spent dropping him off at work

Ran to the pet store for cat food for a very impatient cat.

Human care is finally done

Pet care is done including feeding said cat.

Medical care is done

Did morning exercises

• Like 4

Juliet was a great errand partner.  Except for the time she tried to climb into the front seat despite being tethered to the back.  I was trying to drive and push her back at the same time. . .  

We went to two pharmacies (regular and compound) and the pet store for her food.  She stole some parmesan flavored dog biscuits from a large uncovered bin so I bought some for her since I figured that she must really like them if they made her embark on a life of crime. 

Then when I got home, dh wanted to go get the new Guava iced tea from Starbucks so I went with him and got my lunch there as well.  He thinks it's funny that Starbucks is like Cheers for me - all the young people working there stop and yell out "Jean!" when I walk in.  I introduced him to them all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ugh.  I am spinning a bit on camp prep.  I know that I wrote the exact lessons I want to use a number of years ago.  But that was at least one computer ago and I didn't have things on the Cloud yet.  I went through all the computer disks I could find and couldn't find a backup disk with the documents.  I have two dead laptops here that IT Whiz Kid aka Tech Support aka my son, might be able to access.  But I cannot find power cords for either of them.  I have set them aside.  I really could write new lessons and it wouldn't take me that long.  But I still have time to keep searching and trying to organize things so that's what I am "wasting" my time doing. 

I am going to put on music and will go through another stack of papers.  These papers are ones I glanced through last night so I know that they don't have what I am looking for, but I also know that I can toss most of them so that is the part I am going to do now. 

• Like 4

Went and had my massage; that was nice, although one spot on my hip is now more sore. She touched it and it hurt and I kind of gasped, and she thought it tickled, so then avoided the area all together after that. And being a novice at this (only my 2nd massage in my life) I didn't say anything, because I kept thinking she'd get back over there. So now that spot's a little tender, but everything else on my body feels fantastic. 

Came home and decluttered/organized school stuff. Logged the supply fee checks and one who already sent 1st month's tuition (!!!), and who allows/doesn't allow pics of their kids on the class FB page, etc. Feel pretty good with all of that. 

Got distracted by a FB message/chat from a college friend in Germany -- DH is home early from work, so the 2 of us chatted with the friend. That was a fun distraction; this friend randomly chats with us, either Skype of FB message, every few years. Cracks me up (once he skyped me so I could talk to his toddler while he cooked lunch or dinner for his older kids). 

Had an idea for dinner, but not sure how to execute, so need to look that up and see if someone else in the internet has had this idea before (surely it exists somewhere....) (or something close enough that I can follow).

still haven't worked on DS's quilt, but have gotten enough school stuff done that tomorrow I should be able to finish both (have no other plans for tomorrow at all)

• Like 4

Did a lot of shredding. 

Saved some things - some business things that are still relevant and necessary, some nostalgic (like some of dd's first stories that she wrote).  Came across the thank you card from my niece for her wedding (or perhaps shower?) gift where she told me that the blender I got her looked "suave" on her counter.  Got another laugh from that. 

• Like 3