Menu

Anyone starting to think about fall?

I'm only taking two classes in the fall: Shakespeare and Linguistics. I'm pretty meh about both. This summer I'm working on my degree paper and I'll probably have to finish that in the fall. I also have comprehensive exams in the fall and just typing those words leaves me completely stressed out! What about everyone else?

I am waiting for instructions from my program on what classes to register for.  There is a published list, but it has in big letters "subject to change."  So far, here is what I am expecting to take:

Intro to Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Sonographic Physics and Instrumentation
Cross-sectional Anatomy
Fundamentals of OB/GYN
and two scanning labs.

And maybe Gentle Yoga ... it is on opposite days than my other classes, but I want to be kind to my body.  Plus, i hope to get  tutoring job on campus those days.

• Like 1

I am registered for the last class I need to complete my graduate certificate: Administration of Instructional Systems. 

I am trying to add a second class, which would get me started on the core requirements for the master's degree program I am considering. However, the class is full, and there's some kind of glitch that won't let me add myself to the wait list. I have been advised to "keep trying," but we'll have to see.

• Like 2

I get the fear that comes with comps. I decided to delay mine while I figure out what the heck is going on with my committee and whether this means a big direction change for me. I'm likely taking the semester off.

• Like 1

My next 2 semesters are going to be incredibly light because I finished out my core classes and I'm left with just a few odds and ends. I'm taking English/critical thinking and the history of dance. Both online.

My big fall news is that I got hired as a tutor for my former english professor. It's an embedded model, so I will attend her class for at least an hour a week and then run a study group outside of class time. I'm THRILLED. We need some extra cash around here and this is the perfect way to do it. Plus, I love tutoring. 

Edited by sassenach
  • Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 12:22 PM, dirty ethel rackham said:

I am waiting for instructions from my program on what classes to register for.  There is a published list, but it has in big letters "subject to change."  So far, here is what I am expecting to take:

Intro to Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Sonographic Physics and Instrumentation
Cross-sectional Anatomy
Fundamentals of OB/GYN
and two scanning labs.

And maybe Gentle Yoga ... it is on opposite days than my other classes, but I want to be kind to my body.  Plus, i hope to get  tutoring job on campus those days.

Gentle Yoga sounds like a wonderful idea.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 10:59 PM, Jenny in Florida said:

I am registered for the last class I need to complete my graduate certificate: Administration of Instructional Systems. 

I am trying to add a second class, which would get me started on the core requirements for the master's degree program I am considering. However, the class is full, and there's some kind of glitch that won't let me add myself to the wait list. I have been advised to "keep trying," but we'll have to see.

I did manage to get enrolled in the second class, Motivation in Learning and Performance. (And now that I have a job offer, I can even afford the tuition for the additional course.)

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 10:45 PM, Peach said:

I get the fear that comes with comps. I decided to delay mine while I figure out what the heck is going on with my committee and whether this means a big direction change for me. I'm likely taking the semester off.

What kind of change are you considering? You've peaked my curiosity 🙂

On 7/12/2019 at 9:52 PM, Jenny in Florida said:

I did manage to get enrolled in the second class, Motivation in Learning and Performance. (And now that I have a job offer, I can even afford the tuition for the additional course.)

Jenny you are on a role! Congrats on the job offer and I hope you love the extra class and it helps you make the decision about continuing on.

I still haven't decided whether to continue with my Graduate Diploma or not. I'm waffling back and forth. I had planning on doing it, then I discovered that one of the required courses is only being offered as an on-line course again this year. This really disappointed me, as throughout the summer they had it listed as being taught in-person by a great prof. Now it seems to be taught by the same prof, but on-line. I may contact her and ask exactly what the format will be. Simply receiving weekly power point presentations does not make it worth my time and money to register.

Besides that, I'm really enjoying my part-time job in a different area than my diploma. I will be much busier in the fall and the trials will get more intense. I don't want to spread myself too thin when the dc's school activities also ramp up. Luckily I have another year to decide whether I complete the diploma or not.