Menu

Creative ways to make money

summerreading

I need to hear some success stories from anyone who has found a creative way to make an income or just side money.  Did you start a class, a blog an etsy store?

I've exhausted all the work at home opportunities. I've had the same - until now- very good freelance contract for years that is starting to flake out on me. I need some fresh ideas.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, moonflower said:

We have an Etsy store.  What skills/talents do you have or are you interested in developing?  

I can crochet and knit, which I started a blog about and need to write some more. I would love to learn to make patterns. Also thinking about/researching starting a robotics class.

Does Etsy have a big learning curve?

10 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

I have a relative who makes a decent amount of money writing blog posts for people through Legiit.  

Thanks will look that up. 

I wouldn't say it has a huge learning curve, as they've really made progress in the last 5 years or so toward being seller-friendly.  There's a lot of support and guidance through their seller handbook and blog posts and it's pretty intuitive to set up, certainly easier than a website.

I think patterns would probably be the way to go, although certainly people do make money with crocheted and knitted things.  You'd need excellent product photography (etsy also has some articles on this) and ideally a unique-ish product or variation on one to stand out enough, but the cost is so low (.20 to list, which lasts 4 months) that it's an easy entry money-wise.

• Like 1

For pocket change, Field Agent is great.  I purchased a new Miele vacuum cleaner with my first two months of earnings!  But, that took some effort - running out just for that, which really wasn't worth it to me, since I live in the middle of nowhere.   Currently, though, with minimal effort beyond checking the app before I run errands and staying out an extra half to a full hour, I manage to make about $50-100 per month.

Edited by Familia

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am looking for ways to make money online because I have big financial problems that I have to solve. If someone has recommendations on this topic, please share them. In the meantime, I was looking for various online job options on the Internet and I found out about Amazon FBA. I realized that this is a good opportunity to earn extra money without large investments if everything is done correctly. I wonder what you think about it?

Edited by Elizabeth17