Menu

Tell me about Facebook

I'm on there and I really enjoy it. One big benefit for me is playing Scrabble with my best friend.:) Since she and I are both busy homeschooling moms, we can play a game together and not take any time away from our families. A single game can take us several days and nobody has to take the board down.:lol:

I also love being able to keep up with folks in one place. I can comment on somone's status, send a quick note to tell them I'm thinking of them, give and receive some cute stuff (flair, flowers (could never afford to send real flowers to everyone I think needs a pick me up), etc.), etc.

It's been a fun experience for me. I've been able to reconnect with a few old friends as well as keep up with tons of friends I've met online.:)

If you have people on your friends list that you don't connect with much ( I have my cousins and my aunt and uncle) it can be great.

I just have a MAJOR caution. You don't always know you is watching your site and anything you say can be really used against you. I haven't had it happen to me yet because I am really cautious on-line ( I don't want anything used against me) but I have seen several people say things and then totally regret it as they didn't think about who was reading their messages. It's a totally public forum and should be used with extreme caution. :glare:

I just have a MAJOR caution. You don't always know you is watching your site and anything you say can be really used against you. I haven't had it happen to me yet because I am really cautious on-line ( I don't want anything used against me) but I have seen several people say things and then totally regret it as they didn't think about who was reading their messages. It's a totally public forum and should be used with extreme caution. :glare:

Really? Can't you set your profile so that only people on your friends list are able to view it? I don't think the general public can read what I'm writing.

Really? Can't you set your profile so that only people on your friends list are able to view it? I don't think the general public can read what I'm writing.

This is correct. You can set your privacy features to allow only your friends to view YOUR page. But if you write on someone's page who allows access to everyone, then everyone can read what you have written, though they still can't get to your page.

I love facebook. It is way too addictive. I am regularly trounced by Mama Bear, Abbeyej, Amy, and others in Scramble.

The real time nature of facebook is far superior to blogs when it comes to keeping in touch with family.

Guest Virginia Dawn
I'm on there and I really enjoy it. One big benefit for me is playing Scrabble with my best friend.:) Since she and I are both busy homeschooling moms, we can play a game together and not take any time away from our families. A single game can take us several days and nobody has to take the board down.:lol:

I also love being able to keep up with folks in one place. I can comment on somone's status, send a quick note to tell them I'm thinking of them, give and receive some cute stuff (flair, flowers (could never afford to send real flowers to everyone I think needs a pick me up), etc.), etc.

It's been a fun experience for me. I've been able to reconnect with a few old friends as well as keep up with tons of friends I've met online.:)

I joined two weeks ago and I am loving it so far. Loads of real life friends of mine are on and it really makes me feel more connected, since we don't get out much. It's been a lot of fun.

I love it because I have friends and family all over the US and some overseas. It's an easy way to keep in touch. Blogging doesn't work for me because I am not a wordy person. Writing one line on facebook is much more doable for me. Plus, blogging doesn't work if no-one visits your page. On FB, my status updates are posted on all my friends' pages and their updates are posted on mine, so we don't have to go to each others' separate blogs to find out what's up.

I love that I can just post a quick blurb and update ALL my family and friends at one time, rather than trying to send individual emails (which I prefer, but seem to be few and far between due to lack of time). I have a blog too, but I update it so infrequently, it's embarrassing! :blushing:

yeah, tell us how to play games. I have tried looking for a games feature with no luck. Like I have free time anyway.

Type the game you want to play in the search feature and it will come up. I play Word Twist, Scramble and Scrabble.:)

Always looking for a new Scrabble partner...;)

I've gotten in touch with a lunch buddy from high school. She still lives in the area and we're talking about getting together. I also found one of my best friends from high school whose address I didn't get last time she moved. I found a few college friends, too.

Some of it is a bunch of silliness, but harmless. I will only be "friends" with people I know or have known in real life so far. You get too many friends and it's hard to keep up with the ones you really care about.

I've lost touch with some really good friends over the years and I hope they will eventually sign up for facebook. I check on a semi-regular basis.