Menu

Health curriculum suggestions

Thanks.

Just to add, we don't need any PE. This kid is a year round athlete, so that's covered.  Also, human anatomy was well covered in bio. If it exists, I think something straight forward, out of the box, may be best. 

Kassia, how did you modify? We also only need the 1/2 credit of health.

Edited by mom1720

1 hour ago, mom1720 said:

Thanks.

Just to add, we don't need any PE. This kid is a year round athlete, so that's covered.  Also, human anatomy was well covered in bio. If it exists, I think something straight forward, out of the box, may be best. 

Kassia, how did you modify? We also only need the 1/2 credit of health.

We didn't need the PE either.  I think we just read the textbook and the book, Spark, and did the work involved with those two books plus projects.  It was easy to modify - I just eliminated the PE work and the work for the other book plus any busywork or stuff I thought dd already knew.  

Edited by Kassia

I am looking for something too.  Here are a few different things I found in my search:

I also found a post talking about Acellus Health (it was for $10/month at the time, but the price is now $25/month).  I'm trying to find that thread again.  Anyway, here is the link https://www.science.edu/acellus/course/high-school-health/ .  Found the thread, it is the last post 

I also found this on Outschool that looks fun https://outschool.com/classes/nutrition-for-high-schoolers-6389Xs49 .  There is also a 10-week course with the same title, but it isn't live and I believe it goes 10 weeks.

I'm new to the high school board, but I want to get health and PE out of the way in 9th and 10th.  I also want to get my boys certified in CPR and first aid as they hope to become peer coaches on our neighborhood swim team next year.  Figured the certification and training wouldn't hurt to have.

Edited by mlktwins

We used a Glencoe textbook I bought off of Amazon and we worked through it together.  I thought it covered everything well, and since it wasn't the newest edition it was inexpensive.  We met up with friends and did reports and presentations/projects throughout the semester which was fun and they learned a lot from. We also found videos to go along with the topics, and had them do some research on current events/issues since the text was older.  I also had them pick from a list of "hot topic" issues in health right now and research/present both sides of the issue (one of them chose vaccinations since we have friends on both sides of the issue that feel very strongly).

• Like 1