Menu

Grocery shipping to PO Box?

So I want some healthy non-perishables shipped to a post office box in another state. Some websites (Costco, Boxed) are telling me no--street addresses only.

Do you know of a good business that will ship food to a PO box? I know that Walmart and Amazon will do some items (although it would be REALLY NICE if Amazon would mention before I put something in my cartload of things already being shipped there that this item won't go, rather than waiting until I'm trying to check out).

I'm looking for other options besides filling a box myself and taking it to the post office.

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is there an Amazon locker in the area where you could ship from Amazon?

No, it's in a rural area with very few shopping options. That's why I want to send food in the first place. (If there were a Whole Foods, I'd send a gift card instead.) Thanks, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arctic_bunny said:

When we’ve lived in places with only a P.O. Box, we changed the PO Box # to Unit #. 

Did it work reliably? (I'm concerned that some ticked-off UPS driver who had to drive out to this tiny town will leave a box outside a closed post office in the rain.)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Did it work reliably? (I'm concerned that some ticked-off UPS driver who had to drive out to this tiny town will leave a box outside a closed post office in the rain.)

Well, the reason it worked was because we could put the actual street address on one line, followed by the “unit” number on the next. That was because, although the package would start out with, say, fed ex, by the time it got to the small town, the only deliveries were by postal service.

The other common solution was to put the address of a business that would be open (restaurant, for example) - after asking permission, of course.

• Like 1

I THINK you can give the street address... not the P.O. box number, for a grocery store delivery.  Just make sure it's during a time when the receiver is home.  And, make sure you give them the phone number of the receiver.  When we've had a grocery delivery (sometimes when traveling), they've always called to tell us that they're there, so then I can meet them out front and let them into the building.

We live in a rural town and UPS delivers to the post office daily. The post office has a sign that says "If you order a package that is to be delivered by Fed Ex or UPS, please use this address." It then lists the actual address of the post office ex. 123 E Main St. Your Box #. City, State, Zip. We have received dozens of packages this way. We have also received packages with just our PO Box address on them too. 

• Like 2