Menu

Gift ideas for 15 year old girl?

Terabith

We were originally going to get my oldest a ball python for Christmas, but it's just not a good time to bring a new species of pet into our lives.  So I'm trying to think of what to get her.  I've got a new stylus for her surface pro 4 (other one broke), a paperback of Tailchaser's Song, which I'm not sure she's going to love but she might, and a pair of Bombas socks.  I'll probably get her a new sketchbook and inking pen at AC Moore's.  I'd like one or two other things.  She likes D&D, gay pride, art, singing, theater, nerdy and funny stuff, some games, and dyeing her hair different colors.  Any great ideas?

My DD is getting this DnD shirt: https://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Giveth-Taketh-Medium/dp/B01DKSN4P6/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&ref=yo_pop_d_yo_pop_d_pd_t2&th=1&psc=1 (though it looks like the price went up). 

She's also getting Prismacolor pencils and a sketchbook, a Venus flytrap (Lowes), and a purple camo penny board. 

Did she like the Greatest Showman? They have a new soundtrack album (GS Reimagined). 

• Like 1

You might want to look for things from William Snekspeare (who is a former homeschooler from my area-she’s probably in her 20’s now) https://www.redbubble.com/people/will-snekspeare?ref=more_work_artist_title_name

Or Nadilyn Beato 

http://reptilearts.com/

Or Ethan Kocak (Black Mudpuppy)-although he’s been busy illustrating books lately.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/blackmudpuppy/works/11989102-never-go-up-against-a-caecilian?grid_pos=6&p=lightweight-raglan-sweatshirt&rbs=026b1b51-3da2-4c27-86b2-f60276e67840&ref=artist_shop_grid

lots of nerdy herp folks :). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmmetler said:

You might want to look for things from William Snekspeare (who is a former homeschooler from my area-she’s probably in her 20’s now) https://www.redbubble.com/people/will-snekspeare?ref=more_work_artist_title_name

Or Nadilyn Beato 

http://reptilearts.com/

Or Ethan Kocak (Black Mudpuppy)-although he’s been busy illustrating books lately.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/blackmudpuppy/works/11989102-never-go-up-against-a-caecilian?grid_pos=6&p=lightweight-raglan-sweatshirt&rbs=026b1b51-3da2-4c27-86b2-f60276e67840&ref=artist_shop_grid

lots of nerdy herp folks :). 

Oooh, this is great!!!  Thanks!

Has she read Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl: A Novel?

"In Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl, Cath is a Simon Snow fan. Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan, but for Cath, being a fan is her life-and she's really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it's what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath's sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can't let go. She doesn't want to.
Now that they're going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn't want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She's got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can't stop worrying about her dad, who's loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?"

Regards,
Kareni

15 hours ago, Terabith said:

We were originally going to get my oldest a ball python for Christmas, but it's just not a good time to bring a new species of pet into our lives.  So I'm trying to think of what to get her.  I've got a new stylus for her surface pro 4 (other one broke), a paperback of Tailchaser's Song, which I'm not sure she's going to love but she might, and a pair of Bombas socks.  I'll probably get her a new sketchbook and inking pen at AC Moore's.  I'd like one or two other things.  She likes D&D, gay pride, art, singing, theater, nerdy and funny stuff, some games, and dyeing her hair different colors.  Any great ideas?

She has a lot in common with my 15yo!

I don't dare buy her hair dye or clothes b/c I don't know what her taste will be from one day to the next. She's getting gift cards to Kohl's, Ulta, and probably Hot Topic that will likely be wrapped in funky socks and stuff like that. There's also a ukulele and probably a utility knife (Dh's department.) My girls are Dear Evan Hanson obsessed and I was hoping to make them each something related, but my software is screwed up, so I'll probably spend today on websites with my fingers crossed. I've also been considering local (well, regional, lol) theater tickets/memberships. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kareni said:

Has she read Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl: A Novel?

"In Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl, Cath is a Simon Snow fan. Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan, but for Cath, being a fan is her life-and she's really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it's what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath's sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can't let go. She doesn't want to.
Now that they're going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn't want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She's got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can't stop worrying about her dad, who's loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?"

Regards,
Kareni

No!  I don't think she has!  We also wrap up surprise library books to give each other on Christmas.  I'll put that in the pile!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

She has a lot in common with my 15yo!

I don't dare buy her hair dye or clothes b/c I don't know what her taste will be from one day to the next. She's getting gift cards to Kohl's, Ulta, and probably Hot Topic that will likely be wrapped in funky socks and stuff like that. There's also a ukulele and probably a utility knife (Dh's department.) My girls are Dear Evan Hanson obsessed and I was hoping to make them each something related, but my software is screwed up, so I'll probably spend today on websites with my fingers crossed. I've also been considering local (well, regional, lol) theater tickets/memberships. 

Yeah, I'm thinking seriously of giving her a gift certificate to have her hair professionally dyed (again), in the hopes of saving my bathroom.  She isn't really good at doing it neatly.  My mom is taking her shopping....I couldn't give her clothes.  And actually, my mother buys her clothes I never would (shorts that are shorter and tighter than I'd buy, for instance in the summer).