Menu

TN Earthquake

Mbelle

Did anyone get woken up by this earthquake?  I just found out about it ! LOL  I guess I slept right through!  Apparently there are lots of sleepy people today.  I do live directly across from a RR so my house shakes all the time, so I guess I'm used to it.  The funny thing is I have a cold and am sleeping off and on right now.  I got up several times last night, but slept right through the excitement!

I do remember there was one out of SC about 15 years or so ago and that was a lot stronger and it did wake me up.  I thought it was a bomb or an earthquake and never experiencing either of those went right back to sleep because I realized I couldn't do anything about either one of this things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow.  Hope everybody is safe. 

Seasider, I think I saw that it was a 4.0

I remember when we had an earthquake in Michigan.  I was in German class...and I thought the guy behind me was kicking my chair. I turned around to say "stop it" and realized that the walls were shaking too!  (My first and only earthquake.) 

• Like 1

I felt it! There was one about similar back in 2003 or thereabouts, at about the same time of morning, too. I was in high school then, and it was a lot easier for me to fall back asleep. This time I checked online quickly to make sure there hadn't been an explosion or something nearby, and I think doing that woke me up too much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, umsami said:

Wow.  Hope everybody is safe. 

Seasider, I think I saw that it was a 4.0

I remember when we had an earthquake in Michigan.  I was in German class...and I thought the guy behind me was kicking my chair. I turned around to say "stop it" and realized that the walls were shaking too!  (My first and only earthquake.) 

I remember that! I was in physical science class and Mr. M was super angry with a boy making spit wads from the back row. He was just bellowing at the top of his lungs when it happened. Shook the classroom windows. I think we all sat there in shock thinking, "Mr. M is Thor!"

• Haha 2