Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Selkie

Good morning!

Happy Thanksgiving!! I searched around for a tackle thread but didn't see one. Not much on the agenda here today except for cooking, eating, and relaxing.

• morning chores
  • spend some time in the kitchen (still need to make artichoke hummus, stuffed acorn squash with lentil mushroom wild rice pilaf, roasted rosemary root vegetables, mashed potatoes & gravy, jalapeño corn fritters, maple-ginger spiced pear crisp, and caramel chocolate chip deep dish cookies)
  • set table
  • eat
  • lounge around
  • evening chores
  • watch a movie tonight

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

• Like 4

Good morning! I took a load of food over to dmil's this morning and am back to read the paper and drink some coffee if I can find the actual news and not just Black Friday ads.

I know my boys are home when I come out in the morning to the raided fridge and freezer and dishes everywhere.

• coffee/paper
  • clean kitchen
  • try to sneak in a load of laundry (if ds1 will ever be done with his)
  • get vegetables prepped
  • check last lists
  • Head over to dmil's to get the show on the road
  • football and wine with dmil until everyone starts to show up
  • dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Selkie said:

Aargh. I'm roasting acorn squash and one of them was all mushy and gross on the inside so I had to toss it. 

Also, Bluebell the shameless beggar keeps getting underfoot in the kitchen. I think she has a plan to trip me and see if I drop something tasty.

Our hound mix loves cooked winter squash!

• Like 2

I started today running my first 5K!  My time was exactly 50th %ile (for women in my age group), which I am happy with as I have done no preparation.  As of 2 hours post-race, I am still alive and able to walk.  😛

My daughter's time was her best ever so far.  I am happy since she had been on a downward trend for a while.  She came in 12th out of 113 girls age 11-14.  We are happy with that too.

I really wasn't sure I was going to do this, right up to the time I got to the race location.  😛

Now to take a shower, out to lunch with friends, and dinner with family.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

• Like 5

human care done

pet care done.  Though now the cat is trying to throw up so he is locked in the bathroom where I can clean up a mess much easier.  I did give him a cranberry supplement (for cats) to see if that will help. 

medical care done

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do since I am not 100% sure that the turkey I bought and defrosted is gluten free or not.  It doesn't list wheat on the ingredients but it lists "flavorings" and they are not required to list things like barley or malt.  Sigh. 

• Like 2

Pies baked, plus dough for an extra crust made. 

Salad and dressing made.

Celery and onions for dressing (later this weekend) chopped. 

Time to get cleaned up and prep for an afternoon with my in-laws. There will be an undercurrent of sadness bc of my BIL's death earlier this fall. 

• Like 5

Good evening! I hope you all had a great day!

My dad and sister were already here, and my older sister and her husband came. I had a few mishaps, but it turned out to be a great meal and day. I broke a plate, then later stepped on a bit of glass that didn't get swept up. I burned my hand trying to work on gravy. I kept spilling things, too. 

It's just the four of us now, and we'll play a game soon. 

• Like 2