Menu

gift ideas for teen boys

mom@shiloh

Silly socks, graphic tees, favorite sports teams gear/paraphernalia.

Food treats are usually a go to for that age, but my 18 and 20 yo watch their diet (sometimes...Lol) so now I hate to do that for fear it will not get eaten.

We are making the move more to cash this year I think. For whatever reason I have been reluctant to do that and feel like they need gifts to open but I end up overspending on things they don’t appreciate. 

Tickets to a pro soccer game (or IOU for tickets if they aren't available yet). 

Seconding really good noise cancelling headphones.

itunes card or similar.

Basic tools or other things he will start to need once he's out on his own.

Quality over quantity. Things that will have use for a long time to come. 

• Like 1

For the past couple of years, I’ve gotten my boys a yearly planner type of calendar (not this exact one, but something like this).  Each night before they go to sleep, my sons will write a phrase of what they did that day.  Some days it’s very simple, “Boring day...just school” and other days it can be more exciting, like, “Earned purple belt at hap ki do” or “Dared Aaron to eat french fry off the floor for $1 and he did!” 

My oldest has about 4 or 5 such calendars, but it took until this year for my youngest (now 13), to realize the value in doing this. They like to go back and see what was happening a few years ago.  They’d never do this if they had to write paragraphs, but since they can write just a few words, they like it.  

For fun, my oldest LOVES his bubble wrap calendar.  I got him one two Christmases ago (for 2017).  Last year I didn’t get him one for 2018 because he’d already had it for a year and he was seriously bummed.  “But...you didn’t get me that bubble wrap calendar?”  (Sad puppy look). He used his Christmas money to get one for 2018 before January 1st hit. 

Snorgtees.com tshirts are also popular around here.  There are thousands of phrases/designs to choose from and they’re a nice weight, unlike those flimsy shirts from places like Old Navy. 

Edited by Garga