Menu

Dr. Hive, what's this weird rash?

Kanin

My DH always gets the strangest ailments. Now he has a weird rash on his elbow. He said it started itching a few days ago, but he didn't look at it. This morning, we looked and he has a thick, raised, reddish patch right on his elbow, about the size of a nickel. It's not perfectly round, and it's uniformly raised all over. He says it itches off and on. What the heck could it be? We could get a good picture of it because the light is too dim. 

I put apple cider vinegar on it, followed by tea tree oil. Fungus? Psoriasis? Spider bite? 

Hmm, thanks everyone. We'll alternate cider vinegar and coconut oil and see what happens! Do any OTC eczema creams work at all? DH always gets the rare side effects from any medication or cream (ask about the time he took Delsym cough syrup... ugh, major drama ensued), so we try to steer clear whenever possible. 

sounds like an eczema rash i had on my elbow.  it got to the point it was super dry, cracking, and painful. one particular bump just kept growing.  I tried all sorts of things, and was ready to go to the dr.    I used nivea several times a day and it went away. generous with how much I put on it and just let it soak in.  it  has never come back.