Menu

s/o Christmas Readings

fairfarmhand

One thing I would love to do is do a Christmas reading each night. Including an Advent scripture, I'd love to read aloud either one chapter of a Christmas themed book per night or a selection of short stories or poems or something.

Ideas?

I like reading the Christmas chapters of Little House on the Prairie. 

Our favorite is The Advent Book http://adventbook.com/sample-page/

We take turns reading aloud.  Day one we read day one, then on day two we read 1 and 2, day three we read 1, 2 and 3 etc.  The book is beautiful!

Eta: each day has a door that opens to reveal the reading and illustration.  It's hard to tell in the samples.

Edited by happi duck
  • Like 2

One I love that's not as well known as some others is The Shepherd by Fredrick Forsyth.

Also I like A Child's Christmas in Wales - there is an elderly Irish women in my church congregation who spent her life as a sailor in the merchant marine, and she has a really wonderful reading voice - when I was a student she would read it aloud at the university Christmas reading evening, where they served hot wine and cider.  I've heard her read it a few times more recently as well, though she is now over 90.  

A Christmas Memory by Truman Capote is also very good. Kind of sad if you are reading to a very young person though.

• Like 1