Menu

Halloween Festival Games?

Moonhawk

This is our first year with this homeschool group, and the first time being part of something like this. I'd like to do a game to be a part of it and get us more involved. I could do a craft thing instead, maybe? Any suggestions for a game that can be played in a park with minimal cost investment that doesn't have a long game-play time (so kids can do all of the other activities)? Halloween theme bonus but not necessary. TIA!

Archery with nerf bow is fun! Knock over large plastic toys, set on benches.  

Bean bag toss - into hula hoops or tic-tac-toe.

Cake walk -use cupcakes and a bluetooth speaker to make the music loud enough.

Any throw a ball to knock over cups game is fun. 

Backyard, plactic basketball hoops are fun for littles. Same with a small portable soccer goal.

Photo booth on hay bales with a scarecrow or pumpkins. 

I've seen a game where the person has a toilet seat set up on a box and a few rolls of cheap toilet paper (the kind individually sold and wrapped in paper).  The goal is to toss the paper into the toilet set.  A bit juvenile, but some kids think it's hilarious.  You'd have to find yourself a toilet seat, though.

If you don't want to try to figure out how to keep the seat from falling off the cardboard box (or don't want to build a stronger wooden box), then have someone man the Toilet Paper Toss station and hold the seat steady on a cardboard box.

Example: https://www.carnivalsavers.com/toilet_paper_toss.html  (Looks like that site has a few more ideas for carnival type games on this page: https://www.carnivalsavers.com/freeboothideas.html)

Edited by Garga

It probably depends on ages, but we’ve enjoyed, at our Halloween parties:

Eyeball toss - we lined up plastic pumpkins and tossed in eyeball bouncy balls.  Each pumpkin had a score, and they won little prizes.  I think the pumpkins were in a triangle shape.

Dart toss at orange balloons on a board.  We drew jackolantern faces on the balloons, and put Halloween goodies in each balloon.

Balloon pop - similar to above but kids had to pop them by bouncing on them.

Glow in the dark ring toss - toss rings made of glow sticks over witches’ hats.

The ubiquitous jars and bowls of icky stuff.  Somewhere I have laminated signs saying what was in each box.  Peeled grapes for eyeballs, that sort of thing.

All of those are stolen straight from Pinterest.  ?

6 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

I’m in charge of games at an upcoming event. I may need some of these ideas. 

I’m taking my white board (magnetic) and taping a poster board to it for a pin the tail type game. I’m gonna draw Zero like I did another year probably. He’s the ghost dog with a pumpkin for a nose. Then I’m going to cut out orange cardstock pumpkin noses and label them with numbers and adhere a piece of flat magnet to them. I’ll prop the board up on my easel but you could maybe use a table or something. I need to get a piece of fabric or something as blindfold. Kids will take turns in sets. Winner for each set. 

I made bean bags for cornhole but don’t know if I have time to make the corn hole box (large cardboard box). I might try another target like string together some of my glow sticks as large hoops/targets (thanks for hoop idea). 

I literally just make a projection box last night out of a large saltine cracker box so I can project an image onto large craft paper for my photo booth back drop. There’s a YouTube video — search projector for wall mural if you wanna do this. I’m making photo props out of cardstock and stiff paper straws as handles. 

Good luck!! 

Test the magnets if you haven't already.  Ime, the magnet strips won't catch through the posterboard.  Just putting a loop of tape on the back should work.

• Like 1