Menu

Sunroom flooring help

PrincessMommy

We're fixing our sunroom and need to replace the flooring.  We hope to make this at least a 3 season room. We're wanting to put in a pellet stove or LP gas stove, but it will only be used when we're in the room.   It comes off a very muddy backyard.  I need something that is easy to clean, durable & can withstand extreme heat/cold. 

I don't like Pergo because of the hollow sound it makes.  

suggestions?

I wanted a real brick floor in my sunroom until I found out what a pain it is to clean and maintain real bricks. So we went with a ceramic tile that looks like bricks and it has looked good and held up well for twenty years. I also have ceramic tile in my mudroom, which gets constant muddy foot traffic.

• Like 1

If you're putting in a pellet stove, I'd go with ceramic tile.

If you're putting in a gas stove, I'd be willing to consider luxury vinyl also, but I still think ceramic is the way to go.

Pick dark grout.  Pick a fluffy warm rug for under your seating where it's not likely to get muddy for the winter.

I would not put any wood product (real or laminate) anywhere near a high dirt environment. There's too much potential for damage even with a good sealing.

• Like 1

Yup, ceramic tile. I have a dark green in my sunroom and a dark black/grey/midnight kind of color in my mudroom and breezeway. If you want to cozy it up, you just throw down an area rug. And yes, the grout color is important if you don't want dirt to show. Our grouts are some kind of darkish gray color to blend in. 

• Like 1