Menu

50th wedding anniversary present

Janeway

I totally forgot a present or card or anything. I would like to send a present, something other than flowers. But I am thinking flowers will be the best present. They live across the country, but are very special people to me. But since I am not there, I have no idea what they already have or own and do not want to send a gift card really, but I could. Any suggestions? 

When my grandparents celebrated 50 years, we asked people to send us memories that they had of them. We compiled them all into a book. My grandma passed away years ago  now, but we still read those memories to my grandpa. That book was and still is very cherished.

That's the long way of explaining that I now include a nice, handwritten note with a specific memory or two of the couple for major anniversaries along with a gift card (to a restaurant or grocery store).

• Like 1

I second restaurant gift cards, but only  if you know what kind of food they like. Or tickets to an event you know they will enjoy. They will probably receive plenty of flowers, and I  don't think those are a great gift.

A fruit basket is a nice gift, and it is consumable.

Edited by regentrude