Menu

Any experience with weird migraines?

Mbelle

I get the typical one sided migraines about every month or two.  However, about 3 to 4 months ago I woke up with a sort of "headache" on the top center right of my head near the crown.  It lasted about 3 days and went away.   This past Sunday I woke up with the same thing, however now it moves around (front of head or back of head) and feels like icy hot or burning.  One day the right side of my face felt slightly numb and so did my right pinky and ring finger.  I went to the chiropractor and the numbness went away.  Also he did tens machine and the entire headache went away for those 20 min.  Occasionally the headache will disappear for an hour or so.   As luck would have it I also had my regular appointment with my endocrinologist and he's a good one and integrated type.  My T4 and TSH is slightly off and we are adjusting meds.  He said maybe getting that fixed will help and sometimes migraines are weird and move around.   So, it's not painful like a normal migraine, but it is very annoying and bothersome and obviously a bit worrisome.

Anyway, I read so much helpful info on here I thought I'd ask if anyone else has this and what you did about it?  I'm on day 5, so it's getting a little old.

My problem is that I don't like to see threads go unanswered. I get migraines with no pain. It becomes hard for me to see or focus on what I am exactly looking at, like a tiny blind spot that isn't blind, I can't explain it. Or most of the time what happens is that I'll see jiggy jagged ultra bright white/blue lines that pulsate. I don't take anything for it since it doesn't happen too often.

So, I'm sorry I couldn't answer to your problem. 

• Like 1

I have a migraine side effect where my scalp feels sunburned. It usually lasts for several days.  I’ve also had the finger and face numbness due to a nerve being pressd on my very tense muscles in the shoulder area. That was accompanied by a migraine since mine are typically stress triggered. 

• Like 2

I get ocular migraines with the kaleidoscope effect. More annoying than anything else. As soon as I notice it happening,  take a couple of Tylenol, close my eyes for a bit and it usually goes away.  Happens randomly so haven’t figured out what causes them.  

• Like 2

We get all sorts of weird migraines in our family.  My dd especially gets very different kinds and a myriad of symptoms.  Sometimes it's on one side and sometimes the other, sometimes the front and sometimes the back.  Sometimes her body becomes very clumsy, or part of her body becomes tingly.  Sometimes she gets bad vertigo, and sometimes she sees spots or even checkmarks floating in the air.  For her, everything is normal.

Hers have morphed into an all-day, everyday type of cluster headache.  If I understand it correctly, certain ones are more typical of migraines, and others (like when the pain goes around the front of the head like a band) fall in-between and are sometimes considered stress-headaches.  For her, they seem to feed off each other.  And sometimes it's mostly in the back of the neck or base of the skull.  And yes, you certainly can have migraines without head pain.

I'm sorry you're dealing with these.  If your headaches have changed significantly it might be time for a visit with your neuro doc, but more for the ongoing care of migraines, not for an urgent concern.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Robin M said:

I get ocular migraines with the kaleidoscope effect. More annoying than anything else. As soon as I notice it happening,  take a couple of Tylenol, close my eyes for a bit and it usually goes away.  Happens randomly so haven’t figured out what causes them.  

I get this same type. They usually happen when I’m out of town or off my normal routine so I think it’s triggered by caffeine or sugar, something I do eat normally but don’t limit as much when traveling. I haven’t pinpointed the exact cause because they don’t happen frequently enough that I have a food log to review. 

• Like 1

Thank you for experiences!   I will probably have to see someone about this.  I'm giving it till Monday.  I was hoping to wake up today and it would be gone.  If I pull on my hair where it hurts it disappears for a  few seconds, but obviously I can't run around pulling my hair all day.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mbelle said:

Thank you for experiences!   I will probably have to see someone about this.  I'm giving it till Monday.  I was hoping to wake up today and it would be gone.  If I pull on my hair where it hurts it disappears for a  few seconds, but obviously I can't run around pulling my hair all day.  

Could you find another way to give counterpressure to that area? Maybe a headband or a really tight ponytail could help.

• Like 1