Menu

calling all Star Wars fans...I need help on a gift!

For those of you who have loved ones that love Star Wars...I have a 9 year old niece that loves Star Wars...she would like to collect cards(like Pokemon cards). Do any of you know if they make such a thing? If so, where do you get them?

Also, what are some of your favorite Star Wars gift items? The funny thing about this story is that she hasn't seen one of the movies!!! She has only played my son's Playstation game and has an Usborne sticker book on Star Wars. Plus she was one of the characters for Halloween!

thanks for any suggestions!

For those of you who have loved ones that love Star Wars...I have a 9 year old niece that loves Star Wars...she would like to collect cards(like Pokemon cards). Do any of you know if they make such a thing? If so, where do you get them?

Also, what are some of your favorite Star Wars gift items? The funny thing about this story is that she hasn't seen one of the movies!!! She has only played my son's Playstation game and has an Usborne sticker book on Star Wars. Plus she was one of the characters for Halloween!

My boys love and devour the DK Star Wars books. This looks like a good one that covers all the characters (we've got 2 episode specific ones).

My boys' friends have this book and it's really cool. We have too many little hands here to consider it, though.

There are Star Wars cards, but there is no "game" behind them like the Pokemon cards. They basically have pictures of the movie scenes. You can buy them at any major retailer, in the "card" section, where they sell all the Pokemon/Yugi-oh cards, usually toward the registers.

I might suggest the new lightsaber they have out now..it comes with several different parts, so you can build your own lightsaber...It is about $25.00

hth

K

My boys love all things DK that are Star Wars' related.

Here is an Amazon link - the first book listed is my boys' favorite! The leveled readers are really great for her to learn the stories too.

DK/SW books on Amazon

My boys also have light sabers in every color so that they have the correct saber no matter which character they chose to be! :001_smile:

I asked my star-wars nuts kids, and they said that they didn't think the cards were so great. They loved the light saber idea, though, and also wanted to recommend some of the lego sets.

if she's never seen the movies, then i would strongly consider getting episodes iv and v (the first two that came out when we were kids).

i'm sure you'll be considered the coolest aunt ever! :lurk5:

The best thing-after Star Wars came out, there was a radio drama created. You can buy it on CD. I found ours on Amazon. It has many of the original actors. DS listens to it almost every night.