Menu

Geometry - Summer "school"? (XP from Logic)

Could you help me think this through?

DS13 is going to go to school next year, we just decided. He's taken Algebra I and II but not geometry. I'm getting signals from school that he'll be better off if he comes in with Geometry under his belt (unless he wants to retake Algebra II). 

I took Geometry in 3 months as a 13-year-old. Can you think of a good resource for him to get enough Geometry to pass the geometry section of a placement test? I guess I'm wondering about a compressible Geometry course. DS13 is pretty good at math and is concerned with being placed in a challenging class this coming year.

Algebra I and II have been AOPS. I don't imagine AOPS Geometry is easily compressible! 

Thanks, Emily

Unlock Math! My DD13 has just completed about half the course in six weeks (alongside a very full load of other work). Once she finishes all of her other coursework next week, she’ll work intensively on Unlock Geometry and hopefully finish the second half within a month.

Emily,

I answered in your thread on the Logic board.

If your son has done Algebra I & II AOPS, then I really do not think that he wants to choose something less than that!  What if you did something super-easy to pass the test this summer?   And then you went back to do AOPS Geometry, even if that is next summer.  There is so much good stuff in that book!  Would he agree to that plan so that he could keep moving but also have a rigorous Geometry course before high school is over?

18 hours ago, LJPPKGFGSC said:

Emily,

I answered in your thread on the Logic board.

If your son has done Algebra I & II AOPS, then I really do not think that he wants to choose something less than that!  What if you did something super-easy to pass the test this summer?   And then you went back to do AOPS Geometry, even if that is next summer.  There is so much good stuff in that book!  Would he agree to that plan so that he could keep moving but also have a rigorous Geometry course before high school is over?

See my reply in Logic Stage.