Menu

Testing . . . 1. . . 2 . . . 3???

Me!  I am hoping that the clubs will slowly get back to normal.  I have one film to watch, a 2 page write-up, and one last meeting with my prof on Tuesday morning and that's it for the summer, baby :) It can't come too soon, either.  With the loss of Momn this semester, it's been a strange and difficult one. I"ve been more in 'head down push through mode' than in 'inspired' mode.

• Like 1

Hey look! I thought I was in here by myself.  I have 3 weeks left but they are probably going to be the most action packed weeks of my life. BOO! 

Sounds like the end of your semester will be a breeze. I'm so sorry your Mom's passing has made school so rough.  I sometimes wish life would just pause a bit so I can gather myself, but . . . then it wouldn't be life at all, would it.

• Like 1

I seem to be here.

I'm visiting a friend with kids and WiFi this week - I'm hoping that's enough to keep DS occupied while I catch up on lectures. I'm really struggling with solo parenting and carving out the time for study. 

• Like 1

It’s so crazy!  I have a BIG paper to get done by next week. I haven’t even started my research. I spent this past weekend rewriting a group paper that turned out to be a group disaster. I am sure my entire group thinks I’m a huge narcissist, but I’ll take that label if it comes with an A, LOL. 

Im also trying to squeeze in preparation time for my licensure exam in a couple of weeks.  So many balls in the air! 

• Like 1

I'm here!  Came to check to see if Groups (not Clubs) was working.

Semester ends in a few weeks.  I'm taking a Philosphy 101 class online due to renovations in full swing here at our new house.  It''s been a breeze mainly due to the prof. phoning it in (as the saying goes).  This class has basically been self-taught.  Read the chapter, answer a question, talk amongst yourselves.  :wink:.   I have 3 weeks to read one chapter (45 pages), answer one discussion question myself and respond to someone else's discussion, then take a 10 question quiz.  Yay!    After that, I have 2 weeks to prepare for the final (only on 3 chapters) and write a 4 page paper.  Gotta love freshman level courses.   I hear this prof is a great teacher so I do kind of miss not actually having him, but I needed to be home and available for the contractor.   I'm just thankful this course wasn't a dud like some of the others.  

• Like 2

On 4/23/2018 at 12:52 PM, Big Buckin' Longhorn said:

It’s so crazy!  I have a BIG paper to get done by next week. I haven’t even started my research. I spent this past weekend rewriting a group paper that turned out to be a group disaster. I am sure my entire group thinks I’m a huge narcissist, but I’ll take that label if it comes with an A, LOL. 

Im also trying to squeeze in preparation time for my licensure exam in a couple of weeks.  So many balls in the air! 

I depise group projects.  Good luck with all the other things on your plate. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

I'm here!  Came to check to see if Groups (not Clubs) was working.

Semester ends in a few weeks.  I'm taking a Philosphy 101 class online due to renovations in full swing here at our new house.  It''s been a breeze mainly due to the prof. phoning it in (as the saying goes).  This class has basically been self-taught.  Read the chapter, answer a question, talk amongst yourselves.  :wink:.   I have 3 weeks to read one chapter (45 pages), answer one discussion question myself and respond to someone else's discussion, then take a 10 question quiz.  Yay!    After that, I have 2 weeks to prepare for the final (only on 3 chapters) and write a 4 page paper.  Gotta love freshman level courses.   I hear this prof is a great teacher so I do kind of miss not actually having him, but I needed to be home and available for the contractor.   I'm just thankful this course wasn't a dud like some of the others.  

That sounds fun. I took a 100-level philosophy class a couple of years ago, having just finished calculus and discrete math, and it was a nice change to just cruise on through.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 9:52 AM, Big Buckin' Longhorn said:

Group projects in college are the dumbest thing ever. I'm currently doing a solid 45% of the work for our 5 person team. Another woman is doing another 45%, with the 3 remaining splitting the remaining 10%.

GROUP-WORK.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

That's it exactly Sassenach :) Especially when there's no allownace in grading for the slackers. They are too-often an all or nothing thing. I once dropped a class because, on the first day, the prof had people draw a name to partner with and the two were supposed to write a paper together. I changed to another. I'm very particular about academic writing and I'm good at it...I wasn't willing to risk the class grade (or my GPA) on a paper that was half our semester grade.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Big Buckin' Longhorn said:

I passed my licensure exam today! I was sooooo nervous. As soon as I got into my car, I called my Mom and burst into tears.  Graduation is next Saturday. I guess I’m really going to have to find a job now. Wow. 

That is wonderful news!! Congratulations!!    So happy for you. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 8:35 PM, Big Buckin' Longhorn said:

I passed my licensure exam today! I was sooooo nervous. As soon as I got into my car, I called my Mom and burst into tears.  Graduation is next Saturday. I guess I’m really going to have to find a job now. Wow. 

Congratulations! You must feel amazing! Enjoy your graduation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Peach said:

I really miss Austin sometimes. We stopped at Sonic on the road trip, the first time I've been to one in 17 years, and had limeade. It was sooo good ?

I’ve pretty much given up drinking calories, but there was a time when a daily cherry limeade was my JAM!