Menu

Flylady support thread for Monday, January 29 (Baby Step #29)

3 ladybugs

Hello Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website!

Day 4 - Write things down! 

Day 5 - Write down what you hear

Day 6 - Hot spots!! 

Day 7 - Pick out your clothes 

Day 8 - Get a ring binder and put paper in it 

Day 9 - Declutter a few minutes at a time 

Day 10 - You can do anything in 15 minutes!! 

Day 11 - Add an inspiration page to the control journal 

Day 12 - Delete emails 

Day 13 - Find a mission and do it! 

-------- The days below till the next line are links to my blog. I don't get any money from this so hopefully it isn't too tacky. 

Day 14 - Use a calendar

Day 15 - Make your bed

Day 16 - Read Flylady emails

Day 17 - Set a bedtime and stick with it

-----------

Day 18 - Learn the 11 commandments of Flying! 

Day 19 - Read testimonials 

Day 20 - Include laundry in your routines! 

Day 21 - Check out Ask Flylady or adding to the control journal 

Day 22 - Where is your control journal? 

Day 23 -  Set your afternoon routine 

Day 24 - Swish and swipe 

Day 25 - Learn how the routines developed 

Day 26 - look at the bottom of any Flylady email 

Day 27 - What’s for dinner? 

Day 28 - Eat good food, drink your water and get your rest 

Day 29 - Set time to enjoy the weekly pamper sessions - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-29/

I prefer to do this daily. However if you want something bigger then what I do, you may find you need to do this weekly. The choice is yours. :)

Morning Routine

• Get up and make your bed

• get dressed to lace-up shoes, hair, face

• Swish and Swipe your bathroom

• Eat breakfast, drink water, and take meds and vitamins

• Recognize negative voices and change them

• Reboot your laundry

• What’s for dinner?

• Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes

• Five-minute Room Rescue (pick a room). Set your timer and go!

• Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

• Look at your Control Journal. Your Post-It Notes remind you

• Read Your FlyLady Emails as a reward for doing your morning routine.

•  

Afternoon Routine

• Eat lunch and drink your water

• Take a few minutes to relax

• Start Dinner remember the side dishes

Before-Bed Routine

• Keep your sink shining

• Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

• Put in a load of laundry

• Check calendar for tomorrow’s dinner! Pull out of freezer.

• Put out your Hot Spot.

• Drink your water and take evening medications and supplements

• Look at your Control Journal check list.

• Time for bed; consider yourself tucked in!

Need more inspiration?

https://youtu.be/u9a-QbmHF4w

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 5 - Living room (January 28 - 31), Zone 1 - Entrance, Front Porch, Dining room (February 1-4)

Monday - Weekly home blessing - Our mission today is to wipe down cabinets!

Weekly home blessing is spending 10 minutes doing each of these:

• Vacuuming

• Dusting

• quick mop

• polish mirrors and door handles

• purge magazines and catalogs

• change all sheets

• empty trash.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Let's have a Fire Drill! Go get the hotspots cleared off in your Living Room and or Family Room! You know the piles that I am talking about. The ones that just grow and grow!! Put that fire out!

Take 10 minutes and put things away where they belong and toss the rest.

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): We are going to do what is called a Hot Spot Fire Drill!

This is when we look around our rooms at the flat surfaces of our furniture. The desk, the dresser and the nightstands. These are the places that we will just pile things on instead of throwing them away or putting them away. These are the Hot Spots.

To help us clean these places up we are going to do a Fire Drill. We are going to set a timer for 5 minutes and see how much and can throw away and put away off of those Hot Spots.

Ready.. set.... GO!

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

Today, my complete list:

• Breakfast
  • lunch
  • dinner
  • snack
  • Bring in trash can (ODS)
  • gather items for swim class
  • laundry wash
  • laundry dry
  • laundry put away (lights)
  • make bed
  • dressed
  • empty dishwasher
  • what's for dinner
  • 15 minutes in the zone
  • 15 minutes in the zone
  • 30 minutes ME time
  • grade papers
  • 5 minute hot spot
  • update blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • prepare for tomorrow
  • shine sink
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize (morning)
  • wash and moisturize (evening)
  • Educate ODS
  • Educate YDS

I am going to do it today! Yep! That is me! :D

Edited by 3 ladybugs

Zone cleaning:

--Clean cobwebs

--Dust tops of curtains

--Dust piano

--Dust mantel and knick knacks

Morning routine

Afternoon routine

Daily:

--Laundry

--Master Bath tidy

Extra:

--Chiropractor visit

--Bag up Lego vehicles

--Sew hole in pants seam

Dinner: chili and cornbread

Edited by Night Elf

I just discovered that I can't do some of the things on my zone cleaning list without the family being involved. :( I got 15 minutes done. I will have to get the family involved tonight for 15 minutes. The bookcases in the living room have toys and all sorts of things that don't belong. So it is near impossible to dust. There is also a bunch of stuff on the dining table (we eat in the kitchen). The drawers are filled with kid stuff. This all falls under DH's domain. 

However other then that I am doing good! :)

I was reading the thread about getting better at housekeeping without Flylady and was surprised to see some people say Flylady didn't work for them and instead they're going to just build routines. I find that confusing. Flylady is all about routines!! Everything is written down. The same things are done on certain days. Even zone cleaning is a routine because you'll go through each zone in a month and have touched every room in your home during that month. I think what gets people hung up is their clutter. You can't clean clutter. They want a fast way to clean around the clutter and that's just not going to happen. I understand Flylady saying to declutter only 15 minutes a day because she doesn't want you to burn out and give up. But I think a truly cluttered house needs to be done more, maybe 30 minutes a day. Oh well.

I have stayed away from that thread. I feel I have everything I need here so I don't want to go an borrow ideas that will just mess me up. 

Last night, DH said to me that he feels the house is in a good rhythm. Flylady gave me that. My husband works 1.5 hours away. It would be VERY easy for me to have total chaos here. I think it should be noted that Accountable Kids is also helping me with some of this. I feel like the routines that Flylady talks about and puts into you makes it so it isn't overwhelming. I just think that many people think they need to go cold turkey when they implement something new and that really isn't the way it is, especially with this. 

I have done most of my list today. :D DH said he would help me with the living room tonight for 15 minutes. I really don't think it will be that bad. The anal part of me would like to get the book shelves alphabetized or at least card cataloged. However I am not sure that is in the cards right now. 

I was reading the thread about getting better at housekeeping without Flylady and was surprised to see some people say Flylady didn't work for them and instead they're going to just build routines. I find that confusing. Flylady is all about routines!! Everything is written down. The same things are done on certain days. 

That's exactly what may not work for people. Because a certain part of my home won't need attention on a certain day, because my life does not proceed according to Flylady's calendar. Trust me, my problem is not clutter. 

• Like 1

That's exactly what may not work for people. Because a certain part of my home won't need attention on a certain day, because my life does not proceed according to Flylady's calendar. Trust me, my problem is not clutter. 

I use only her ideas and fitted them to my life. I don't do what she says on certain days. I do what needs to be done in my house on certain days. The system works for me. If it doesn't for you, that's fine. I'm surprised you even opened this thread.

Hello Fly Friends!  My Day 7 Baby Step is Pick Out Your Clothes 

I have them hanging on a peg rack behind the door in my office. 

You guys are amazing at all you get done in one day.  I hope I can be right up there with you one day.

You will get where we are sooner then you think. It really doesn't take long with the baby steps! :)

• Like 1