Menu

Flylady support thread for Monday January 7 (baby step #7)

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website!

Day 4 - Write things down! 

Day 5 - Write down what you hear

Day 6 - Hot spots!! 

Day 7 - Pick out your clothes 

Day 8 - Get a ring binder and put paper in it http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-8/

Today we are getting a binder, journal, or other method and on one sheet put “Morning routine†and on another sheet “Before Bed routineâ€. Now write simple routines under both headlines.

Morning Routine:

Get up and get dressed to lace up shoes; fixing your hair and face

Looking at your posted reminders in kitchen and bathroom

Read any messages on Flylady website or emails

Recognizing the negative voices and changing them! You are flying now!

Put out any hot spots for 2 minutes

Before Bed Routine:

Keep your sink shining

Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

* Put out your hot spot - optional but always a good idea to do it twice… easier to wake to a clean house then a dirty one!

Need more inspiration?

I use a Travelers notebook as my control journal. In it I am able to put anything of any importance and organize it how I see fit. I have several books in it and one is my control journal. However I can see if journaling isn’t your thing, maybe you would have a rack with cards in that you can flip over on a peg system. Perhaps different colors for different times of the day. This is really all about you and what works best for you. So how you would keep track of things the best is how it should be for you.

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 2 - The Kitchen

Monday - Weekly home blessing - Our mission today is to wipe down cabinets!

Weekly home blessing is spending 10 minutes doing each of these:

• Vacuuming

• Dusting

• quick mop

• polish mirrors and door handles

• purge magazines and catalogs

• change all sheets

• empty trash.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Grab those toothbrushes and get ready!  Yep! Get an OLD toothbrush and some soap and scrub those kitchen sink faucets! You will be amazed at how much gunk and grime will come off around the handles. You shine your sink everyday but today we are going to make those faucets sparkle. While you are at it take that soapy toothbrush and scrub your rings that you are wearing that have gotten grungy and make them sparkle too!

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): We are taking a walk! Let's walk through our houses looking for 10 things that belong in our rooms and put them away. If you have left any shoes, jackets, school things, toys or books around the house,now is the time to return them to their home.

When you leave your things around the house, it makes the house look messy. Let's grab up the things that belong in our rooms and take them there. 

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 
Edited by 3 ladybugs

Start zone cleaning

--Clean inside of refrigerator, wipe down walls and shelves

--Clean microwave

Daily

--Laundry

--Swiffer living room

--Swiffer dining room chandelier

--Master bath tidy

--Have ds sweep his room

Extra

--Chiropractic appointment

--Grocery store run for items not found yesterday

Dinner: roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 1

My list: (I am off to a slow start but my day starts now!)

• bring in trash can
  • gather items for swim class
  • laundry (start)
  • make bed
  • dressed
  • washed and moisturized
  • breakfast
  • empty dishwasher
  • what's for dinner
  • 2 cleaning areas
  • lunch
  • snack
  • pamper time (30 minutes) - iron and starch red fabric Did white too! Yay me!
  • grade papers
  • 5 minutes hot spot
  • put laundry in dryer
  • update blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • put away laundry
  • prepare for tomorrow, what to wear
  • shine sink
  • medication 
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize
  • get dog from vet
  • figure out van pricing for 12-15 passenger for a weekend Yeah... lets not go there.  :scared:
  • Educate ODS
  • Educate YDS

Breakfast - Cold cereal

Lunch - Sandwich

Dinner - buffalo stuffed shells, bread, salad

I was productive when it came to making a quilt this weekend. I was also able to go and see our former foster child. The mom wants us to be God Parents so that was nice. :) I need to be careful though, I tend to give too much of myself and I can't do that. So I need to keep some distance otherwise I would want to help everyone and everything. It sounds like a good thing, but it really isn't. 

ETA Add at 11:00

Edited by 3 ladybugs
  • Like 1

Today's schedule:

Dishes going

Sink shined

Cats taken care of

Need to wake boys and get to work with lessons

Today is going to be an abbreviated day for us as we are all still recovering from some sort of cold. We'll do more audio listening and maybe a few YouTube videos or documentaries.

Today's schedule:

Dishes going

Sink shined

Cats taken care of

Need to wake boys and get to work with lessons

Today is going to be an abbreviated day for us as we are all still recovering from some sort of cold. We'll do more audio listening and maybe a few YouTube videos or documentaries.

I am sorry you are not feeling well. ODS also has something and the rest of us are trying everything not to catch it. I hope you feel better soon! 

I have had a very tired day, probably due to the busy weekend. We cleaned out the laundry/mud room on Saturday and then had our Epiphany celebration on Sunday. It was more involved than usual, so I had a fair amount of prep for it.

I got dressed to shoes this morning, but I have been on the couch most of the day. Nothing on my to do list has gotten done today.

I have had a very tired day, probably due to the busy weekend. We cleaned out the laundry/mud room on Saturday and then had our Epiphany celebration on Sunday. It was more involved than usual, so I had a fair amount of prep for it.

I got dressed to shoes this morning, but I have been on the couch most of the day. Nothing on my to do list has gotten done today.

It is okay! Tomorrow is a new day! That is the great thing about this, tomorrow is always a new day! :D