Menu

Flylady support thread for Friday January 19 (Baby Step #19)

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website!

Day 4 - Write things down! 

Day 5 - Write down what you hear

Day 6 - Hot spots!! 

Day 7 - Pick out your clothes 

Day 8 - Get a ring binder and put paper in it 

Day 9 - Declutter a few minutes at a time 

Day 10 - You can do anything in 15 minutes!! 

Day 11 - Add an inspiration page to the control journal 

Day 12 - Delete emails 

Day 13 - Find a mission and do it! 

-------- The days below till the next line are links to my blog. I don't get any money from this so hopefully it isn't too tacky. 

Day 14 - Use a calendar

Day 15 - Make your bed

Day 16 - Read Flylady emails

Day 17 - Set a bedtime and stick with it

-----------

Day 18 - Learn the 11 commandments of Flying! 

Day 19 - Read testimonials - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-19/

Well I think if you are flying well you may not need this. So it is up to you.

Morning Routine

• Get up and make your bed

• get dressed to lace-up shoes, hair, and face

• Read your FlyLady emails

• Recognize the negative voices and change them

• Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes

• Five-minute Room Rescue (pick a room). Set your timer and go!

• Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

• Look at your Control Journal. Your Post-It Notes remind you.

Before-Bed Routine

• Keep your sink shining

• Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

• Put out your Hot Spot.

• Look at your Control Journal check list.

• Time for bed. Consider yourself tucked in!

Need more inspiration?

https://youtu.be/tsrl2CsRRnQ

https://youtu.be/dJrUiG7OZKE

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 3 - Bathroom and one other room.

Friday - Clean out your purse/car and date night!

We use each Friday as our De-Clutter your Purse and Car day. This only takes a few minutes and saves us lots of time later. Without the candy wrappers, old receipts, and other trash in your purse, finding your car keys becomes a breeze! Removing all the clutter and trash from your car ensures that you won’t be hit by any UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects) in the event of a crash. Set aside a few minutes just for these two tasks each Friday. Here’s a list of things to toss:

• Old gum and candy wrappers

• Soda bottles

• Scraps of paper/old receipts

• Drive thru bags and cups

• Jackets/coats/shoes

Set your timer and get to it.

Friday is also Date Night. Relationships have to be nurtured. If not, you are going to wake up one day when the children are grown and not know the person you chose to spend your life with. It is up to us to make sure we grow together! Now don’t think I am going to leave out you single people! We all have relationships! Some are marital and others are friendship. As for those friendships that you have let fall by the wayside because your home was too messy for people to come over, it is time to pick up the phone and just say hi!

Relationships are not just inanimate objects; they are made of people with feelings. When we open up our hearts and let someone else in, we become better people!  We can’t just ignore the relationship and expect it to stay the same. People need attention! You need attention! If you give it, it will come back to you! I promise.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): It is the last day in the bathroom and laundry room! Congrats on working hard all week!

For the bathroom you are to shine your tub and sink!  This is not hard, just shine them the same way you shine your kitchen sink. Do not obsess, just scrub, spritz and shine.

For the laundry room, wipe down your washing machine and dryer. It is amazing at how dirty these machines can get and we don't even realize it! No big deal here, just grab a general purpose cleaner and a rag.  Spray and wipe.  That is it!  Do not get sidetracked with this!

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): Today is such an easy challenge that I bet all of you can do this in under ONE minute!!! Go to your room and empty your trash can. That is it! SO Easy! 

An overflowing trash can makes your room look messy!

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

Zone cleaning is done.

Morning and Afternoon routines are pretty much what Flylady has on hers so I don't list all that stuff.

Daily:

--Sweep house minus bedrooms

--File papers

--Sweep deck and front porch

Extra:

--Volunteer 2 hours at Thrift Store

--Take car in for maintenance

Dinner is takeout sub sandwiches or leftovers

Edited by Night Elf

Ok, the main things are done. I'm still working on my afternoon routine. I don't normally declutter because my house is pretty much decluttered. However, my bedroom closet has shelves that are holding all sorts of stuff. I don't even know what's in there. I asked DH to help me sort through it. There are probably things we can let go of now. So I'm going to set my timer for 15 minutes and work in the closet. I realize this should be part of our next week's Zone cleaning but I need DH's help doing this project so I have to do it while he's home. He took today off work so we have today through Sunday. I fully expect to have a lovely organized space when we're done. :)

I hope everyone is having a good day!

For those who are just lurking, I hope some of you are benefitting from this thread. The Flylady system is easy, IMHO. I don't think it's complicated at all, especially when you realize that you're not working for perfection. Doing anything is better than doing nothing. I like to set my timer for 5 minutes and work on a hot spot. It's amazing what I can get done in 5 minutes. 

My confessions that might make you feel better. I don't do everything on Flylady's list and my life is going quite well, thank you.

I don't shine my sink. I do clean it each evening but not until it's shiny like with wax or something. 

I don't wear indoor shoes. I wear slipper boots. They have a rubber bottom so I can even go outside and sweep my deck and porch or carry out a bag of trash to the can. I don't need lace up shoes for that.

I don't do her weekly blessing hour on Monday. (I think it's Mondays). I spread out those chores over the whole 7 days of the week and have added more in. If I stick to my daily breakdown chore list, my house is cleaned every week. I use the zone cleaning for the deep cleaning I don't do during a regular week. My house is in great shape and I don't stress about it. Because I keep up with my chores, the chores are never hard to do. It's usually just a quick swipe and it's done.

However, I must remind anyone reading that I do not have small kids in the house anymore. All of mine are grown and not all of them even live with us. The first time I did Flylady was when my kids were young. I just involved them in the cleaning and decluttering. They had a ball. We set the timer and moved quickly to see how much we could do in the time allowed and then we'd go off and play. The cleaning/decluttering sessions were so short, it held their attention. They could check the timer and see how much time we had left. I usually put on fun music so we could sing along and dance as we worked. My house looked fabulous! Then I stopped following Flylady for whatever reason and my house went downhill. Now that I'm back on it, after all these years, it makes me smile every day to walk into a room and see it looking nice. I like knowing what I'm going to wear. I like knowing what we're having for dinner. Her system has made my life easier.

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now and get to work on my closet. I wish more of you lurkers would join us. It's nice to have a support system.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't talk today. I HAD to go out and get some food today. Seriously the case worker comes to the house at least once a month (when you have a placement). They have to make sure we have a flushing toilet, hot water and food in the refrigerator. Although I didn't always know when she was coming my fridge is normally PACKED. Before I went shopping today, I had shelf space. That terrifies me! 

When I came back I had the woman who owns the house next door, tell me that that her house had been vandalized! Scared the **** out of me! Then I realized that how they did it would be impossible at my house. So then I felt a bit better... but I still am not going to tell DH till he comes home. ;)

So that was my day. I would love to say that I would like to start cleaning tomorrow, but with the boys German tomorrow I would be lying. So I am not going to say that. I have high hopes for Sunday since I can't go to church with a bad cough like I have. 

Edited by 3 ladybugs