Menu

Flylady support thread for Saturday January 20 (Baby Step #20)

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website!

Day 4 - Write things down! 

Day 5 - Write down what you hear

Day 6 - Hot spots!! 

Day 7 - Pick out your clothes 

Day 8 - Get a ring binder and put paper in it 

Day 9 - Declutter a few minutes at a time 

Day 10 - You can do anything in 15 minutes!! 

Day 11 - Add an inspiration page to the control journal 

Day 12 - Delete emails 

Day 13 - Find a mission and do it! 

-------- The days below till the next line are links to my blog. I don't get any money from this so hopefully it isn't too tacky. 

Day 14 - Use a calendar

Day 15 - Make your bed

Day 16 - Read Flylady emails

Day 17 - Set a bedtime and stick with it

-----------

Day 18 - Learn the 11 commandments of Flying! 

Day 19 - Read testimonials 

Day 20 - Include laundry in your routines! http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-20/

This should be fairly easy to do. Either start your load in the morning and move it later, or start a load before bed and move it in the morning. Make sure you put it away that day though!

Morning Routine

• Get up and make your bed

• get dressed to lace-up shoes, hair, and face

• Read your FlyLady emails

• Recognize the negative voices and change them

• Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes

• Five-minute Room Rescue (pick a room). Set your timer and go!

• Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

• Look at your Control Journal. Your Post-It Notes remind you.

Before-Bed Routine

• Keep your sink shining

• Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

• Put out your Hot Spot.

• Look at your Control Journal check list.

• Time for bed. Consider yourself tucked in!

Need more inspiration?

https://youtu.be/5_ZSLSx_Vqs

https://youtu.be/6bqmCRmv0vM

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 3 - Bathroom and one other room.

Saturday - Family Fun Day!

Saturday at FlyLady is especially fun because it’s the day we have Family Fun Time! This a special time just for you and your loved ones to spend time renewing your relationships with each other. Your week has been busy and time has been limited, so spending some special time with your family is so very important today. Here are some great Family Fun Time ideas for you:

• A movie at the local theater

• A picnic in the park

• A few games at the bowling alley

• Family Board Game Night

There are endless possibilities for you and your family to share.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday):  None

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): None

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 
Edited by 3 ladybugs
  • Like 1

Zone cleaning is finished.

Morning and afternoon routines

Daily:

--Laundry

--Master bath tidy

Extra:

--Volunteer at thrift store for 2 hours

--Spend another 15 minutes organizing the bedroom closet with DH

--Put items in attic so they aren't cluttering up the dining area anymore

--Inventory blankets in attic to see if I can donate any

--Continue dismantling Lego structures

Dinner is meatloaf balsamico, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 1

3LadyBugs - what made you post the Cajun Wife Life Day 20 instead of Diane in Denmark? I love Diane! I've been watching some of her other videos on her youtube channel. 

All of the posts are from when I did this back in October. There are 2 videos in each post (till later in the cycle). This one just had her first. It was random but I think the rest have Diane first. I am actually surprised they both don't show up. Not sure why, maybe because of the length of the post??

Doing better today. I think I can start flying on Monday (hoping for blessing hour tomorrow still). I think next week is bedroom right?? Sounds right. I don't touch my boys room (DH's job), the girl room is clean except for some clothes that I need to sort (15 minutes needed really) so that just leaves our room. I would love to vacuum under our bed but that is REALLY wishful thinking. So it really will not have a lot, so hopefully I can "catch up". Here's hoping. I have been making the boys do chores today so they are not as out of routines as they could be. Just need to remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. I have a tendency to do too much then feel guilty when I can't achieve it. :(

Lurkers

Any lurkers this should be a lesson for you too. Sometimes life, illness, children getting fingers stuck in something, or whatever makes it so we can't Fly for a day, week, maybe even a month or a year. DO NOT get discouraged! Sometimes I am SURE it seems like Beth and I have "it all together" I can't speak for Beth but I can assure you I don't always have it together. I like to organize things but that is the most together I am. So just jump in and do what you can. Don't worry about control journals, routines or anything like that if it overwhelms you. Just do what you can. If it is JUST make your bed and get dressed in the morning. Then that is something. Do that for a few days and try to add to it. Eventually you may feel YOU need what we call a control journal. But do it on your schedule. The same goes for stumbles every now and then. Go back where you need to. Then move forward from there. ;)

Edited by 3 ladybugs

Wow, 15 minutes can make a big difference! Really! DH and I spent 15 minutes in our closet today and cleared off a whole shelf. We had a donations pile, trash pile and a keep pile that we put back on the newly cleaned shelf. There is so much room in that closet now that 3 shelves are done. Only one more to go and that will be done tomorrow. I've also asked DH to figure out a way to get me more shelves on my side of the closet, like a small bookcase maybe. I have some things that are sitting on the floor because they have no other home and I want them in my closet. I'd love to go in and see absolutely NOTHING on the floor at all! That would be amazing! He said he'd look at our storage room to see what we have so maybe we won't have to buy yet something else. But geez, how much could a small bookshelf be? We'll be shopping at Walmart tomorrow so I'm going to price them.

Two great things I want to share:

1. I asked ds, who stays up all night, to please put his dirty dishes into the dishwasher and not pile them in the sink or on the counter. I told him I"m trying to keep my sink and counters clean. Imagine my delight when I walked into my kitchen this morning and my sink and counters were clear and clean! Woo!

2. I usually wake up before DH so I wait for him to wake up and leave the bedroom so I can start my morning routine. This morning, after he came into the main area of the house, I went to the bedroom to begin by making my bed. Imagine my second delight of the day to find that DH had already made the bed! I thanked him profusely and told him that he made me a very happy lady. :)

Have a good evening!

All of the posts are from when I did this back in October. There are 2 videos in each post (till later in the cycle). This one just had her first. It was random but I think the rest have Diane first. I am actually surprised they both don't show up. Not sure why, maybe because of the length of the post??

Doing better today. I think I can start flying on Monday (hoping for blessing hour tomorrow still). I think next week is bedroom right?? Sounds right. I don't touch my boys room (DH's job), the girl room is clean except for some clothes that I need to sort (15 minutes needed really) so that just leaves our room. I would love to vacuum under our bed but that is REALLY wishful thinking. So it really will not have a lot, so hopefully I can "catch up". Here's hoping. I have been making the boys do chores today so they are not as out of routines as they could be. Just need to remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. I have a tendency to do too much then feel guilty when I can't achieve it. :(

Lurkers

Any lurkers this should be a lesson for you too. Sometimes life, illness, children getting fingers stuck in something, or whatever makes it so we can't Fly for a day, week, maybe even a month or a year. DO NOT get discouraged! Sometimes I am SURE it seems like Beth and I have "it all together" I can't speak for Beth but I can assure you I don't always have it together. I like to organize things but that is the most together I am. So just jump in and do what you can. Don't worry about control journals, routines or anything like that if it overwhelms you. Just do what you can. If it is JUST make your bed and get dressed in the morning. Then that is something. Do that for a few days and try to add to it. Eventually you may feel YOU need what we call a control journal. But do it on your schedule. The same goes for stumbles every now and then. Go back where you need to. Then move forward from there. ;)

I'm glad you're doing better. Yes, this week is the Master bedroom, bath and closet. I'll have my closet done tomorrow so I have a head start on my zone cleaning. :)

Don't worry about catching up. If you didn't get everything done during this past week's zone, it will come around again! Or do one small thing a day in addition to this week's zone cleaning. If you don't finish it all, be kind to yourself. It's really okay.

One more thing for lurkers!

If you had good intentions to start the baby steps but didn't keep up, don't give up altogether and say the system won't work for you. Just begin again. Google Diane in Denmark Babystep 1 and start again. You can post here if you like and we'll cheer you on and help you out. I personally think the most important thing to start with is the morning routine. If you can do those steps, your day will start off with you feeling like you've accomplished a lot already and may motivate you to do other things.

• Like 1