Menu

Flylady support thread for Tuesday January 2 (Baby Step #2)...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-2/

Need more inspiration?

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

This has always puzzled me as to why you need to do this. I mean if you work outside the home you do this anyway, but for those of us that are home all day, we tend to forget that we do have a work time and a relaxing time. This forces one to think of work time so we can have play time later. ;)

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 1 - The Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room. 

Tuesday - Planning Day - This could be anything that needs to be planned. Meal planning, lesson planning, activity planning, holiday planning, or anything else.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)We are going to have a multi room mission today, it might take you longer than 15 minutes to do it, so set your timer for each room and FLY through it!

For the Front Porch, Entrance and Dining Room, put out the fires that are burning in your hot spots.  Get rid of the pile of shoes by the front door, get rid of the pile of junk mail and put away the magazines and school papers that are piled on the dining room table.

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Today you are going to open up your sock drawer and look for all of the socks that don't fit or have holes in them. If you have socks that are in that drawer that you just don't wear let's toss those out along with the ones that don't fit or have holes in them! 

Holiday Clean Up mission - Take 15 minutes today to continue to put away your Holiday decorations. Remember that our goal is to have all of the Holiday decorations taken care of by Friday.

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 
Edited by 3 ladybugs

Tuesday I would like to do: 

• swim class
  • boys' (children) bath 
  • Laundry (darks)
  • make bed
  • dressed
  • washed and moisturized (morning)
  • breakfast
  • empty dishwasher
  • what's for dinner
  • 2 zone cleaning areas (30 minutes of cleaning in zone)
  • start washing laundry
  • lunch
  • snack 
  • 2 zone cleaning areas (30 minutes of cleaning in the zone)
  • grade papers
  • 5 minute hot spot (today would be bedroom)
  • put laundry in dryer
  • update blog
  • Plan blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • put away laundry
  • prepare for next day (what to wear)
  • shine sink
  • medication
  • 5 minute room rescue
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize (evening)
  • fix blanket
  • Dictate lesson for ODS
  • Educate YDS
  • Make a phone call

Meal plan:

Breakfast: Cream of wheat with coffee

Lunch: Sandwich with a piece of fudge

Snack: (realistically) a piece of fudge

Dinner: Split pea soup with bread (it is VERY cold outside, soup is the only thing that sounds good). 

Desert (we have this every night) Cheesecake left over from Christmas

Edited by 3 ladybugs
  • Like 1

So I revisited the Flylady site to look at her control journal and compare it to mine. Her's is just way more in depth than mine. I have a household binder with sections on routines (one for zones and one for daily), important phone numbers like our medical record numbers, dentist, etc., addresses and numbers of family. That's really all I have. I have just started menu planning again but I just use a template I created on my laptop. I type in what we're having each day and print it but don't save it so it will be blank for the next week. We keep a grocery list on our kitchen counter so that during the week if we think of something we can get at Walmart we write it down. Grocery shopping for us is Sunday morning when they aren't crowded. I don't follow Flylady's days, i.e. errand day, shopping day, etc. Also I think I took her daily blessing hour and turned it into my daily chores. I have a list for Monday through Sunday of what I need to accomplish each day. That's what I'm listing here. So I don't even do her daily missions. So I guess you could say I do Flylady my own way. I took her system and adapted it to my needs and it works for me. I like being a part of this thread because it keeps me accountable for the things I want to do each day.

Finish zone cleaning today.

--Straighten racks and dust (these are racks full of baskets that hold various things that don't have a home anywhere else. Like one basket is all office supplies.

--Clean off dining room table and polish

--Clean windows (both window and sill)

--Restock printer with paper and check ink levels

--Dust chandelier

Daily cleaning.

--Laundry if needed

--Clean out refrigerator - trash night

--Take out trash to curb

--Sweep house minus bedrooms

--Sweep deck and front porch

--Hall bathroom tidy

Dinner is bring in night. Either Chinese food or Sub sandwiches.

Edited by Night Elf

Today's laundry day turned into a 2 loader! So while one is done and almost folded, I have another one to look forward to. :(

I also had the added task of going to the store (not planned) because we may get a foot of snow here later in the week. 1 foot and they go sort of nuts here. That may make us snowed in for a couple days. So I have milk, eggs and bread. So I guess I am ready for a proper Nor'Easter! :D 

Hope everyone else is doing well. I will be back in a bit and post Baby Step 3. 

I did everything today except clear off the dining room table and clean/polish it. Sometimes it's just too big a job for just me. I took a look at it, got rid of a few things, then walked away. DH isn't working tomorrow. I'll ask him to help me. I like the idea of putting some kind of pretty centerpiece on it. I wonder if that would prevent the table from becoming a major hot spot.

• Like 1

I got dressed to the "shoes" (I wear house shoes, but they are supportive). I'm going to finish the sink before bed. I've got to get us on a better dishwasher schedule so that we don't end the day with dinner dishes in it.

Our washer broke last week (repairman coming Friday) and we popped over to the Laundromat to do a few loads. Wow. That took FOREVER (4 hours). Argh. 

Emily

• Like 1

I got dressed to the "shoes" (I wear house shoes, but they are supportive). I'm going to finish the sink before bed. I've got to get us on a better dishwasher schedule so that we don't end the day with dinner dishes in it.

Our washer broke last week (repairman coming Friday) and we popped over to the Laundromat to do a few loads. Wow. That took FOREVER (4 hours). Argh. 

Emily

4 hours!? Good grief! The last time my washer broke, I think I had to wait 3 days but I just let laundry build up. I don't even know where a laundromat might be around my area.