Menu

Flylady support thread for Monday January 22 (Baby Step #22)

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website!

Day 4 - Write things down! 

Day 5 - Write down what you hear

Day 6 - Hot spots!! 

Day 7 - Pick out your clothes 

Day 8 - Get a ring binder and put paper in it 

Day 9 - Declutter a few minutes at a time 

Day 10 - You can do anything in 15 minutes!! 

Day 11 - Add an inspiration page to the control journal 

Day 12 - Delete emails 

Day 13 - Find a mission and do it! 

-------- The days below till the next line are links to my blog. I don't get any money from this so hopefully it isn't too tacky. 

Day 14 - Use a calendar

Day 15 - Make your bed

Day 16 - Read Flylady emails

Day 17 - Set a bedtime and stick with it

-----------

Day 18 - Learn the 11 commandments of Flying! 

Day 19 - Read testimonials 

Day 20 - Include laundry in your routines! 

Day 21 - Check out Ask Flylady or adding to the control journal 

Day 22 - Where is your control journal? - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-22/

Today is the day to get your control journal in order! You can find the steps here: http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/control-journal/

If that seems overwhelming, perhaps next month we can do that one day at a time! Please let me know if this would interest you!

Morning Routine

• Get up and make your bed

• get dressed to lace-up shoes, hair, and face

• Read your FlyLady emails

• Recognize the negative voices and change them

• Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes

• Five-minute Room Rescue (pick a room). Set your timer and go!

• Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

• Look at your Control Journal. Your Post-It Notes remind you.

Before-Bed Routine

• Keep your sink shining

• Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

• Put out your Hot Spot.

• Look at your Control Journal check list.

• Time for bed. Consider yourself tucked in!

Need more inspiration?

https://youtu.be/wlhYoDv12kc

https://youtu.be/P9cxJcTT-_M

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 4 - Master bedroom, bathroom and closet.

Monday - Weekly home blessing - Our mission today is to wipe down cabinets!

Weekly home blessing is spending 10 minutes doing each of these:

• Vacuuming

• Dusting

• quick mop

• polish mirrors and door handles

• purge magazines and catalogs

• change all sheets

• empty trash.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday):  Today is the day to attack the clothes pile. Now you all know what I am talking about. This pile is either on a chair, on top of the hamper, dresser or at the foot of your bed. Set your timer for 15 minutes and grab some hangers or start folding.  While you are doing this do not hang up or fold something that you hate! This is the time to let it go. If you do not love it, send it right out the door!

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): We are taking a walk! Let's walk through our houses looking for 10 things that belong in our rooms and put them away. If you have left any shoes, jackets, school things, toys or books around the house,now is the time to return them to their home.

When you leave your things around the house, it makes the house look messy. Let's grab up the things that belong in our rooms and take them there. 

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

Zone cleaning (working on Master Bedroom today):

--Clean cobwebs

--Sweep under the bed and nightstands

--Dust and polish headboard and nightstands

--Dust picture frames

--Shred papers

--Clean treadmill

--Clean dresser

Morning Routine

Afternoon Routine

Daily:

--Laundry

--Wash bedding

--Swiffer living room

--Swiffer dining room chandelier

Extra:

--Chiropractor visit this morning

--Fill car with gas - Totally forgot to do this while I was out. I'll put it on my list for tomorrow.

--Continue dismantling Lego structures

--ADDING take dog to get his nails trimmed. I knew I had to do this today but forgot to list it.

Dinner is BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Cabbage/Carrot Slaw (Hello Fresh meal)

Edited by Night Elf

I just watched the Day 22 video. I love Diane. She's so precious. Today she said Do Not Declutter Lego. It's great to have around to play. And here I've sat, each day for over a week surely, dismantling Lego buildings. I've gotten two large modular buildings done already and will finish the third today. I took the first two up to the attic to find a home for them and found a bin FULL of Star Wars Lego stuff. Egads!! I totally forgot we had all of that. They are dismantled and put into ziploc bags just like I'm doing now. So I found another empty bin and am starting to fill that one too. I don't know what's going to happen with all of this Lego stuff in the future but we all know we don't want to get rid of it. As long as we have a home for it, it's okay to keep. :)

Clearly you had a very happy son with all those legos! ;)

Today my list (overly complete)

• Bring in trash can
  • gather items for swim class
  • laundry (lights)
  • Make bed
  • dressed
  • washed and moisturized
  • breakfast
  • empty dishwasher
  • what's for dinner - Left overs
  • 30 minutes in the zone
  • wash laundry
  • lunch 
  • snacks
  • grade papers
  • 30 minutes ME time
  • 5 minute hot spot (bedroom)
  • dry laundry
  • update blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • put away laundry
  • prepare for next day
  • shine sink
  • medication
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize
  • call pest people about winter service
  • email resource worker so we are not forgotten
  • educate ODS
  • educate YDS
  • *Blessing hour since we didn't do it yesterday

That is it. It is WAY more complete then it needs to be but there it is. 

Edited by 3 ladybugs

Ugh, in cleaning my bedroom, I took a good look all around and my eyes settled on my DH's desk. What is all of that stuff on it?? I can't clean it because it's his and I have no idea where he would put all of those things. So tonight when he gets home, I'm going to tell him I'll set the timer for 5 minutes and he has to work on that pile. I'm trying for a peaceful home where nothing stressful can be seen and piles of paper are stressful!

• Like 1

I'm having some anxiety today but I'm not letting it stop me from doing my routines. Besides, there is something comforting about coming back to this thread and striking through what I've done. I need to finish up my afternoon routine though. I started laundry late today so it's still going. I've got 3 loads and the first load is in the dryer so I still have a ways to go. I should have it all done before DH gets home though.

This week we're getting a Hello Fresh box. DH and I like to cook together so I start prepping by washing/drying/peeling/cutting all the produce. When he gets home, he and I get started on cooking right away. Tonight is BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. I live in the South. I'm sure the HF BBQ won't be nearly as good as what I'm used to but I have high hopes it will be good because all the HF meals I've had have been tasty.

I hope the rest of you are having a happy day full of rainbows and kittens. :)

I am also doing 3 loads of laundry today. I had to get those sick infested sheets off my bed! I know I need to conserve water but I can't have piles of dirt everywhere! 

I have looked at Hello Fresh but have never ordered. I can't get past the fact that I worry it isn't enough for all of us. My older son is starting to eat more then me and my younger one is at me most nights. I feel like having 2 boys with DH and I means we really need servings for 5. I am sure this feeling only gets worse with time too. I hope your meal turns out at least take out well. :)

I am also doing 3 loads of laundry today. I had to get those sick infested sheets off my bed! I know I need to conserve water but I can't have piles of dirt everywhere! 

I have looked at Hello Fresh but have never ordered. I can't get past the fact that I worry it isn't enough for all of us. My older son is starting to eat more then me and my younger one is at me most nights. I feel like having 2 boys with DH and I means we really need servings for 5. I am sure this feeling only gets worse with time too. I hope your meal turns out at least take out well. :)

I'm not sure if there would be enough food. I don't eat much so even though we buy for 2 people, we always have leftovers. Even DH doesn't usually eat all of his portion. You could try supplementing the meal with extras like a salad if there isn't one in the box already and more veggies. HF doesn't do a lot of different veggies. I've had zucchini, tomatoes, potatoes and green beans I think. At different times of course. Tonight we're getting red cabbage and carrots to make slaw. They don't dress their salads enough for my taste. I always use my own dressing because their idea of dressing is a drizzle of olive oil and some lemon. I hope tonight's cole slaw will be creamy.

I finally finished everything and sat down to watch tv with DH. An hour in, I had an anxiety attack. I had been feeling anxiety all day but I didn't realize it was leading to an attack. I'm glad I finished my list because it leaves me so tired. Anxiety is stupid. 

Anyway I'm very proud of all my accomplishments today. I worried I wouldn't get it all done because it was so much but it really wasn't bad. I took lots of breaks.

Looking foward to tomorrow.

• Like 1