Menu

UGH! I need to vent....

Soror

Being early risers doing events with night owls. UGH

No, I'm not being a diva. My body does not handle staying up late well and I have to pay for it (after a really horrible fall I don't want to end up knocked down again). Besides the fact that sleep dep isn't good for anyone. I'm trying to go along with the program and not cause ripples because I don't want to be a special snowflake but heaven help me it is not a matter of commitment (I want to say if they are really committed then they can joining dh and I and starting early).  

• Like 1

I get it. I actually start to panic at the thought of being up too late or missing too much sleep. I can handle broken sleep, like with a newborn, but an all nighter FREAKS ME OUT. Like, even in college I didn't do it. I've stayed up all night maybe 3 times in my life and HATED it. My DH can though, and he actually planned a trip last year that involved him being up all night while traveling and I was a basket case worrying about him. But he was fine. I would not have been. 

I can get up early, but don't ask me to do stuff late at night. Dinner and movie? How about brunch instead :P

• Like 1

We've got friends and if we are at their house, like clockwork, the DH gets up from whatever room we're visiting in at 9pm, bids everyone good night, and goes to bed.  His wife and kids just go right on with the entertaining, not even a blip on the radar.  Took a while to get used to, but man, he's got a great idea there!  

• Like 5

My dh is an early morning guy and I'm a night owl. He's in bed before the dc or myself. I do the late night driving of dc when needed. We also have an understanding that any important discussions between us happen before 10 pm. These arrangements have saved our marriage and our sanity. ;)  

• Like 2

My parents like entertaining. They even often have overnight guests. In a few weeks 3 of my mom’s girlfriends will be spending 10 days or so over at their place.

My Dad will stay up late drinking and partying, my mo: wouldn’t. Sometimes she wouldn’t go to bed, but even then she will usually fall asleep on the couch or chair while, ‘visiting’. Her idea of sleeping in is about 7:00.