Menu

So I think I'm in my worst case scenario at work...

bettyandbob

I knew this was a possibility, but didn't think it would happen. The woman who has been awful to me for the last year was promoted two steps up without interview. So, now she's my boss.

I haven't been able to sleep. I wrote an essay on why I'm passionate about what I do. When I started it was just to remind myself why I like this work. I finished it and surprised myself by how important I feel it is.

Doing that helped. I may not like my situation, but I like the mission I have. I just need to remind myself when I'm down.

Now I will wait for the two positions at other locations that are supposed to be advertised to be announced. Perhaps my middle of the night writing will help with that too. I think sometimes I come off as sterile--I'm very logic oriented. Maybe now that I've formed a mission for my direction, I'll think clearer and present better.

If I don't get a better position, I may be able to transfer to a different site. And today is my day off so when the sun comes up I'm going to visit another organization in the same field to do some networking.

I still can't believe this though. Within our organization there are nine people in the job she skipped over who were wanting to be considered for that position. I will probably hear how angry they are in the next few days. She was not hired for that level job two months ago when she did interview, so it seems odd that she'd just be given something higher up.

Keep moving forward...

• Like 1