Menu

All those years of teaching my children and wondering if it was worth it---it was.

Our four children were all home educated all the way through high school graduation. The oldest is twenty-seven and the youngest is twenty-one. My kids are very far from perfect or even where I would like them to be. But, when I came across a recent line that our oldest had written as part of a required description of herself, I think she confirmed that we did something right after all.

"My parents raised me to always seek knowledge, to be a life-long learner, and to reach for the stars & beyond."

Currently, she is an RN in the post-cardiac surgery unit and a paramedic state instructor. She is working on her RN to MSN degree with plans to teach college-level nursing. After that degree is complete, she plans to pursue her doctorate in nursing practice. Life-long, yes.

I only share this to encourage all you younger mothers as you plod through days that make you wonder if it's all worth it. Press on. It is! :)

Edited by Janie

Just this morning ds and I were watching an HBO children's program called "Kindergarten" and we got to see some of the best K programs in the country and how much fun the Kers were having and all the projects they were busy with. Needless to say, I felt somewhat discouraged telling myself, "Am I doing enough?" and "I could never have neat shelves like that" and "the teacher seemed to have everything so together" (sigh).

Janie, thank you for this post! I needed it. Ds missed two days of school. He has been sick with a fever (hence the TV watching).