Menu

Plus size womens snow pants?

Tap

I am looking for snow pants for dd11.  She is 5'4" 190lbs (due to medication).  I need a 2xl size pants. I have not been able to find anything that remotely fits her for a reasonable price.  The ones I can find have large legs, and are too long for her. A bit long is fine, since she will continue to grow, but the size of leg openings make them way to bulky for her.  She has an apple shaped body, so what she really needs is a large size pant, with a 2x waist.

She is a very active kid and loves to play in the snow.  Last year I was able to buy her a pair of girl plus size at Lands End, but it seems like they are limiting what snow pants they sell for women now. 

Any suggestions?  I am willing to pay upto $80 for pants.  I will pay more i have to, but would love to keep it under that.

I am considering ordering her Helly Hanson rain gear (what we use for sailing) and thick sweat pants to wear under them. LOL  I guess if I get too desperate, I could pay a seamstress to alter a pair that are too big?  The length would be harder to alter (due snow gaiters), but the legs probably wouldn't be too bad. 

What is her inseam? If it’s less than 31â€, it will be hard to find a suitable pair. I would look at boys’ plus size snow pants or altering women’s pants. For women’s pant, ask the tailor to hem the pants by removing material between the knee and top of gaiter rather than the bottom.

I looked at the boys and they are too small in the waist too  Good idea about adjusting mid leg though, I hadn't thought about that.  :thumbup:

Maybe instead of pants, snow overalls might work better? Then you don't have to find a perfect fit at the waist.

I tried (she actually prefers bib snow pants)  and for some reason they are even larger in the  legs than the pants.  Good idea, but unfortunately not finding the right fit. 

Columbia may sell them. I know they have xl.

You may have the answer!  I found the Columbia Bugaboo pants with reviews that say the thighs run small!  They are more than I planned to spend, but may just have to bite the bullet and go with it.  I can't find the 2x anywhere but the Columbia website and they are $105 there.  I live outside of Portland Oregon, where Columbia is based so maybe I will call the store and see if they stock the 2xl and 3xl so I can take here there to try them on.    :hurray:   I have been having to order and return so far, so having a store to try them on at would be great.

• Like 1

You may have the answer! I found the Columbia Bugaboo pants with reviews that say the thighs run small! They are more than I planned to spend, but may just have to bite the bullet and go with it. I can't find the 2x anywhere but the Columbia website and they are $105 there. I live outside of Portland Oregon, where Columbia is based so maybe I will call the store and see if they stock the 2xl and 3xl so I can take here there to try them on. :hurray: I have been having to order and return so far, so having a store to try them on at would be great.

You might even be able to ask about an outlet store too.

• Like 1

You may have the answer! I found the Columbia Bugaboo pants with reviews that say the thighs run small! They are more than I planned to spend, but may just have to bite the bullet and go with it. I can't find the 2x anywhere but the Columbia website and they are $105 there. I live outside of Portland Oregon, where Columbia is based so maybe I will call the store and see if they stock the 2xl and 3xl so I can take here there to try them on. :hurray: I have been having to order and return so far, so having a store to try them on at would be great.

Those are pricey, maybe you can find a promo code online for a discount.
  • Like 1