Menu

Aquadoodle?

we had the Thomas the tank engine aquadoodle. They loves it! I threw it out....okay, so here is why I threw it away. My kids thought it was wonderful to unscrew the top of the pen and dump out all the water on the mat...then go refill the pen, start process over. lather, rinse, repeat etc... So, I'm nursing the baby at the time on the first floor while they are "quietly" playing with the Aquadoodle in their room.....:ohmy:

When I went to check on them 20 minutes later the floor was soaking wet!

So, if your kids play with stuff without taking it apart and don't use the sink without asking permission first:glare:..then it may be a toy for you.

My kids play with magna doodles all the time, we should get a big one.. They have yet to take one of those apart!;)

we had the Thomas the tank engine aquadoodle. They loves it! I threw it out....okay, so here is why I threw it away. My kids thought it was wonderful to unscrew the top of the pen and dump out all the water on the mat...then go refill the pen, start process over. lather, rinse, repeat etc... So, I'm nursing the baby at the time on the first floor while they are "quietly" playing with the Aquadoodle in their room.....:ohmy:

So, if your kids play with stuff without taking it apart and don't use the sink without asking permission first:glare:..then it may be a toy for you.

My kids play with magna doodles all the time, we should get a big one.. They have yet to take one of those apart!;)

Thanks for the tip. You confirmed my decision. The boy for whom it was to be a present loves taking lids off of cups and playing with water. It's a constant battle to keep him out of the sink (not to mention the toilet :glare:).

:iagree:

My 2yo son received one for Christmas last year as I thought it would be the perfect gift. Uh, it was a little too perfect. Perfect for drawing, perfect to make a mess with, perfect to satisfy his thirst.:svengo:

Not only would my 2yo do what Jennifer in NH's son did- unscrew lid, dump, refill, repeat, but mine liked to suck on the nice fuzzy end and drink the water out of the pen as well. To him, it was the perfect sippy cup that he could fit in his pocket and take anywhere.:glare: Or, he would leave the pen empty and suck on the tip to make it nice and wet and then use the tip to colour on the mat.:ack2:

FWIW, my older two children thoroughly enjoy the aquadoodle and use it as it is intended to be used.:)

Just curious... what are you getting him. :D

My extended family sends $, so these are the gifts I have picked out so far. He's the 5th boy, so he needs nothing, but I'm expected to give him presents from them.

GeoTrax Barn or something else to go with the Geotrax trains.

Baby Bear Sorting Set

Star Wars Galactic Heroes (He thinks he's Yoda, and this is the only Galactic Heroes item I could find with a Yoda).

My 2yo son received one for Christmas last year as I thought it would be the perfect gift. Uh, it was a little too perfect. Perfect for drawing, perfect to make a mess with, perfect to satisfy his thirst.:svengo:

Not only would my 2yo do what Jennifer in NH's son did- unscrew lid, dump, refill, repeat, but mine liked to suck on the nice fuzzy end and drink the water out of the pen as well. To him, it was the perfect sippy cup that he could fit in his pocket and take anywhere.:glare: Or, he would leave the pen empty and suck on the tip to make it nice and wet and then use the tip to colour on the mat.:ack2:

FWIW, my older two children thoroughly enjoy the aquadoodle and use it as it is intended to be used.:)

:lol:

DS did this last year when he was 2 too... and this year when he was 3... at first I took to hiding the pen for a while, hoping he'd grow out of it. Then he did it again later, and the pen was all nasty so I threw it away. Then I threw the other pen away when he wouldn't stop doing it. We have some of the stamps left, but the whole thing never got used much anyway. Oh well.

I never bought the Aquadoodle, but the large Magna Doodle was a HUGE, HUGE hit with my ds. He used it daily and we went through several of them from when he was about 3 to 6 years old. He also used the smaller Magna Doodle which was great for keeping in the car or for sitting quietly in church.