Menu

Kudos to Chewy.com

Annie G

With all the negative news out there I thought it would be nice to give a shoutout to a company with excellent customer service. 

We've been buying our cat food from Chewy for a while and a few months ago our brand was discontinued. We've been searching for a replacement and have tried a few that our cat is 'ok' with. Still trying to find one he truly likes though. So this month we tried two more and one he likes and one is just awful. He won't eat it. Guys, cats lick their own butts so if he doesn't like how this food tastes it must be awful. 

Chewy told me if he didn't like it to let them know. So today I did and they immediately refunded the cost of the food, even the three cans we tried to get him to eat. And asked me to donate it to a shelter instead of returning it.  $38 worth of food. I am so pleased with them. They were polite and helpful. You know, like customer service SHOULD be but it seems that this is the exception instead of the norm. 

I hope I come away with as good a report after I talk to Land's End customer service. My order that was supposed to be delivered yesterday has gone from Wisconsin to Nashville and is now in Florida. I live in Illinois. 

• Like 14

I've personally always had excellent customer service from Lands End.

It's not really LE's issue...it's the shipper.  So I do feel bad contacting them, but it seems that this shipment might not arrive and I'd rather go ahead and get a replacement on the way since it's a gift. 

Always had great service from Land's End too but haven't bought from them in a while and didn't know if things had changed since they became affiliated with Sears. 

Chewy's autoship program has revolutionized my life! We are a multi cat household and we have not run out of either wet or dry food in over 15 months. 

This is seriously life changing...don't you just hate those beady little eyes glaring at you because you have run out of wet food for breakfast??

:001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  Chewy!

• Like 2

I use to order regularly from Chewy, unfortunately they were bought out by Petsmart within the last year.   What that means is that high end pet food companies will no longer allow them to carry their products.  Maybe that is why your brand was 'discontinued'?     I'm glad to know their customer service is still top notch.

• Like 2

I use to order regularly from Chewy, unfortunately they were bought out by Petsmart within the last year.   What that means is that high end pet food companies will no longer allow them to carry their products.  Maybe that is why your brand was 'discontinued'?     I'm glad to know their customer service is still top notch.

The food we'd been using was Iams wet cat food and I can't find it anywhere now. Not any of the local stores that used to carry it- not pet stores, but places like Farm and Fleet and Menards and our local grocery stores. They all used to sell it. It's all my 16 year old cat has ever eaten so the poor guy is having quite the adjustment. 

I'm finding a lot of high end cat food...but maybe I don't even know what high end is. It feels high end to me because it's costing me $3 a day to feed my cat, and is grain free.    

Boo that they were bought out by PetSmart. 

I've been really happy with Chewy too, but I met a breeder that told me that she had an auto order for 10 cases of canned puppy food, then realized she wouldn't have any puppies that needed it the following month. She went to change the auto order, but was too late, so she called Chewy and asked if she could return it. They told her they would refund it and she should donate it to a local shelter. It was a couple of hundred dollars worth of food. 

• Like 3