Menu

How many Brits do we have here on the board?

Do you live in the UK still?

How about anyone who lived in the UK for a significant portion of time?

I'm English, born in London, raised in Swindon, Wilts. :ack2:

I've lived in the USA for 20 years having moved here to get married when I was 19yo. That's a looooooooong time ago!

Do you live in the UK still?

How about anyone who lived in the UK for a significant portion of time?

I'm English, born in London, raised in Swindon, Wilts. :ack2:

I've lived in the USA for 20 years having moved here to get married when I was 19yo. That's a looooooooong time ago!

I'm Scottish, born in Aberdeen. Lived in Aberdeenshire my whole life.

Do you miss the UK?

Born in Bristol, left the UK at 22 (having previously spent a year in France), spent three years in London in the mid nineties, then went back to Asia until August this year. So that's a couple of decades overseas, largely in Chinese Asia (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan).

I'm loving being 'back' so far - Scotland is not my culture, but it feels comfortable, and I'm enjoying learning about it. Husband is a naturalised Brit (American by birth) and the boys have dual nationality.

Laura

I watch

"Are you Being Served?",

"Grace and Favour",

"Keeping Up Appearances",

"Fawlty Towers",

"Steptoe and Son",

"Last of the Summer Wine",

"The Remains Of The Day",

"84 Charing Cross Road",

"The Importance Of Being Ernest",

and read and watch all things Jane Austen.

Does that count? Whadda y'all think? :001_smile:

I was born in Kent, England to a father who was born in Africa, raised in Malta and Scotland (yes he has a very strange accent!) and a mother who was born in London and raised in Perthshire, Scotland. I moved to Scotland at the age of eighteen months and was educated there until the age of twenty three. I married a Liverpudlian and we moved to Liverpool for ten years or so. We then travelled to France and then to Denmark with my husband's work. We are back in the UK living in London. Maybe here has been the biggest culture shock of all. Everyone is in such a hurry! Strangely we live just a couple of miles from where my mother was born. Our family seems to have come full circle.

My heart is in Liverpool and Scotland, but I fell in love with Copenhagen.

I watch

"Are you Being Served?",

"Grace and Favour",

"Keeping Up Appearances",

"Fawlty Towers",

"Steptoe and Son",

"Last of the Summer Wine",

"The Remains Of The Day",

"84 Charing Cross Road",

"The Importance Of Being Ernest",

and read and watch all things Jane Austen.

Does that count? Whadda y'all think? :001_smile:

'Last of the Summer Wine' ?! You most certainly are a Brit!

'Last of the Summer Wine' ?! You most certainly are a Brit!

:hurray: I have ten tapes from when our PBS station used to show it.

:001_wub: Foggy Dewhirst, the guy who came before Foggy(Seymour?), Compo, Norman Clegg, Nora Batty, Howard, Marina, Our Glenda, Auntie Wainwright, Edie, Smiler, and now Captain Peacock from "Served?".

Our PBS stopped showing it, though. *Sigh*

I was born in Kent, England to a father who was born in Africa, raised in Malta and Scotland (yes he has a very strange accent!) and a mother who was born in London and raised in Perthshire, Scotland.

My grandfather was a surveyor working there in the 1920s. My father was born in Kent in 1930, but was evacuated to Canada for the duration of the war, where he had a truly horrible time (the distant relative with whom he and his younger brother lived was jealous of his intelligence compared to her own boys, and wouldn't let him read or attend school).

Next time you come to visit your relatives in Scotland, or I make it to London to see my brother, it would be great to meet.

Laura