Menu

August SAT Scores are out

Hope your daughter get the score she needs.

Younger boy didn't get a perfect score but he score high enough to be once and done for SAT Math 2 subject test for most engineering schools :)

He took after intermediate algebra. Don't see a need to retake for a perfect score but if he wants to retake a few years later, we'll still pay test fees for him of course.

ETA:

My husband did the calling and the customer service rep had his last name wrong three times. His last name is only five characters so not that hard and my husband talks slow enough for dragon dictation to get most words correct. I talk too fast for the customer service rep and now hubby understands why I rather he does the calling.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 4

Super excited -- older dd got 800 on Math 2.  CalTech here we come, lol!

Arcadia -- your son is exceptional for his age -- I'm sure if he re-took in another year or two, an 800 would definitely be do-able.  However, it's probably not necessary in the least.  Congrats to him!

• Like 4

Super excited -- older dd got 800 on Math 2. CalTech here we come, lol!

Arcadia -- your son is exceptional for his age -- I'm sure if he re-took in another year or two, an 800 would definitely be do-able. However, it's probably not necessary in the least.

Congrats to your daughter!

Older is thinking of Stanford (commuter distance) and keeping in view Caltech (5.5hrs drive south) as we haven't visited Caltech yet. He has his 800 for math 2 and physics, and my husband is nagging me to plan a SoCal college tour vacation road trip.

Younger boy just want engineering and has no particular colleges in mind. My kids are competitive though with each other so he might want to aim for an 800 just to be like brother. He can always take Math 2 again when he is done with calculus BC (8th/9th grade). He'll likely go for the sat physics test in June as older boy would be likely going for sat chemistry test on the same day.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2

That's funny, we are the opposite of you, with CalTech being closer, and Stanford much farther away.  I was actually kind of joking about CalTech, though.  The admit rates are ruthless, regardless of test scores/grades.  The girl can dream, though, while also keeping some lower ranked schools in mind, too.

• Like 2

Dd wasn't happy with her score (lower than last two Khan Academy practices tests), but if you look at her improvement since last year's PSAT, there is much to celebrate.

Her SAT correlates to a higher ACT score than what she has on the books so far. She's shown so much growth in math!

The ball is in her court as she just has a few weeks left to prep for this year's PSAT.

No matter what, I'm proud of her: she's just a great girl.

She isn't looking at selective schools. Really, she doesn't know what to look for in a school! She doesn't have an idea for a major yet, either. That's on my list for the spring - some school visits. And her SAT score will get her in to most everything around here. The big ? is merit money. . . .

• Like 4

Good luck to your daughter for the upcoming PSAT!

Growth is good :)

My older boy has no idea of major but after we have toured quite a few colleges, he has an idea of what kind of campus he likes, urban and big with a good size campus bookstore, many libraries and food courts on campus. High strength campus wide WiFi is a bonus as is campus shuttle busses.

• Like 2