Menu

Slight Panic About Wilson Hill Academy

I signed my sophomore up for Algebra 2 with WHA on April 6.  I have a transaction receipt email to prove it, and I did later get an email from them with the class book list attached.  But I've never gotten any other information, like about how to access the class or anything.  

I only really realized this yesterday, when I told my son to get on WHA and figure out if he had everything downloaded that he needed, and he had no clue how to "get on" there.  I tried to access the parent account I surely set up when I registered, but it said there was no account under my (only) email address.   :confused1:  I contacted WHA through the contact form on their website, and I got an auto-response yesterday, but nothing at all today.  

I'm trying to just be mildly concerned, and I know I should have been more on the ball as far as realizing we hadn't gotten anything else from them, but well, that is how my summer has gone.  Balls have been dropped.  Sigh.  Should I have been getting other emails?  Does WHA usually respond to emails from their contact form?  Is there a better way to contact them?  Thanks!

UPDATE:  It's all solved up!  Two people got back to me.  It was a mistake in my email address from when I registered, because we had a wonky keyboard at that time that randomly stuck.  We have since replaced the keyboard, and hopefully this is the only account messed up from it!  Now we are all set, and DS is ready for the Meet the Teacher time tomorrow.  Thanks for all the help!

Edited by AFwife Claire
  • Like 1

It might take a day to hear from Wilson Hill, but they've responded to me before through the contact link.

Try getting onto this link, hitting the "forgot password" link, and use your email. (Your son can use his.)

I can't remember exactly, but I think that's how I originally got in. My dd has heard from her teacher through the Inbox on her Canvas account - but she had to log in for those messages. Tomorrow is 'meet the teacher' day for Tues/Thurs classes & Wednesday is the same for Mon/Wed classes, so today is a good day to figure this out!!

ETA:  PM me if you need more help once you get in!

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 1

Yes, you should have heard from them by now.  At least from the teacher alerting you to the Meet the Teacher sessions going on this week that RootAnn referred to.  I agree with her that they can take a day or so to reply.  I can pm you the email of the headmaster, Bruce Etter.  He's better at responding in a timely fashion.  

Yes, you should have heard from them by now.  At least from the teacher alerting you to the Meet the Teacher sessions going on this week that RootAnn referred to.  I agree with her that they can take a day or so to reply.  I can pm you the email of the headmaster, Bruce Etter.  He's better at responding in a timely fashion.  

Thank you so much!  I really appreciate it!  Yeah, when I realized we had heard absolutely nothing, I knew something was not right.  Ahh . . . nothing like a little last minute panic to liven up the last few days of summer . . .

• Like 2

who is your teacher? i may have their direct email...

It has to be Reini because he's the only Alg 2 teacher this year.

OP, did you try my link & doing the 'forget password' thing? I think that's your best bet.... There were probably messages sent to you & your son's spam folder a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

It has to be Reini because he's the only Alg 2 teacher this year.

OP, did you try my link & doing the 'forget password' thing? I think that's your best bet.... There were probably messages sent to you & your son's spam folder a few weeks ago.

It is Mr. Reini, and I did try the forget password link.  We never got an email back (for ds's email address or mine either), so I think that means there is no account for us or anything.  :(  

I still have no idea where we went wrong.  April is such a blur, and  registered so many kids for so many classes in so many different places, that I can't keep any of them straight as far as what platforms they use or what I did to register.  I must have not done something I was supposed to do after paying?  I don't know.  So frustrating!

I did send an email to the headmaster, and he immediately responded to me by forwarding it to someone else who will hopefully be able to help us tomorrow.  I'm just so glad it dawned on me that something was wrong now as opposed to this weekend!   :ohmy:

• Like 2

:grouphug:   You're almost there.

I can sympathize. With three students, most classes outsourced, and multiple providers, (and a last minute scramble with one class), I just know I've forgotten some class. I just don't know which one.

:smilielol5:  <--- my state of manic panic

Just saw your signature listing your students. I only have THREE. I don't know how you moms of many do it!

Edited by yvonne
  • Like 1

It is Mr. Reini, and I did try the forget password link.  We never got an email back (for ds's email address or mine either), so I think that means there is no account for us or anything.   :(

I still have no idea where we went wrong.  April is such a blur, and  registered so many kids for so many classes in so many different places, that I can't keep any of them straight as far as what platforms they use or what I did to register.  I must have not done something I was supposed to do after paying?  I don't know.  So frustrating!

I did send an email to the headmaster, and he immediately responded to me by forwarding it to someone else who will hopefully be able to help us tomorrow.  I'm just so glad it dawned on me that something was wrong now as opposed to this weekend!   :ohmy:

So glad you received an immediate response!  I hope it will be quickly resolved today.  :001_smile: 

SaveSave

It is Mr. Reini, and I did try the forget password link. We never got an email back (for ds's email address or mine either), so I think that means there is no account for us or anything. :(

I still have no idea where we went wrong. April is such a blur, and registered so many kids for so many classes in so many different places, that I can't keep any of them straight as far as what platforms they use or what I did to register. I must have not done something I was supposed to do after paying? I don't know. So frustrating!

I did send an email to the headmaster, and he immediately responded to me by forwarding it to someone else who will hopefully be able to help us tomorrow. I'm just so glad it dawned on me that something was wrong now as opposed to this weekend! :ohmy:

I hope you get it worked out quickly!

Yay, it's all solved up!!  I'm so happy!

It turns out it was a mistake in my email address from when I registered.  Our old keyboard had gotten really bad about sticking, and that is what happened.  I had been trying to be really careful, but obviously this time an extra number slipped by.  We got a new keyboard not too long after this flurry of registering, and I never thought about it again.  I hope this is the only account that got messed up by a typo!  Who knows what else I may be missing and just not realizing?!   :tongue_smilie:

I had 2 people from WHA following up with me, so that was really great.  One said that they hadn't gotten back to me on Monday because they are just swamped right now, which I totally understand.  I'm feeling that way too, lol.  My son got his canvas account all set up, and I think we are ready to meet the teacher tomorrow!  Just in time--whew!  I can't tell you how relieved I am that this is all worked out.  I should sleep well tonight!

I'm really excited about this class for DS.  Eric Reini and I went to the same college during the same time and were math majors together, so that is a fun connection!

Thank you all so much for all the help!  I really appreciate it!

Edited by AFwife Claire
  • Like 8