Menu

Tasty chicken recipes

Hi!

Do you have any tried and true tasty chicken recipes that you make on a regular basis? I am specifically looking for recipes that do not have any butter or creamy soups (dh can't eat either, he is lactose intolerant).

Right now the only thing I am making with chicken is crockpot barbeque chicken....very tasty, but we would like to branch out :D

Thanks!

Diane

This one always gets rave reviews. Cook a little rice and have a salad and you're set! Easy-peasy!

Korean Chicken Wings

1 lg. pack (2-3 lbs) chicken wings, cut into three pieces (discard the pointy wing end leaving you with two pieces)

Marinade:

1 c. soy sauce

1 bunch green onions, chopped

1 tsp. garlic salt or to taste

1/2 tsp. pepper or to taste

1 tsp. ginger

2 tbsp. sesame seeds

Mix all marinade ingredients together and add chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or more. Preheat oven to Broil. Place wings on broiler pan and broil for 15 minutes. Turn chicken over and broil 10 minutes longer.

Pan fry some chicken breasts in a bit of olive oil. (I usually pound them down a bit so they cook more evenly and quicker.)

Sautee some zucchini and summer squash and cherry tomatoes. Add some chopped greek olives. Season with salt and pepper.

Serve with rice. (Or pasta, or starch of your choice.)

1/4 cup of oil

1 Tablespoon honey

1 Tablespoon lime juice or lemon juice.

1/4 teaspoon paprika

seasoned salt to taste

4 chicken breast halves

Mix ingredients (except chicken) in a saucepan and warm just to melt honey. Arrange chicken breast in a square baking dish or pan and bake uncovered at 400 degree oven about 35- 40 minutes, basting pieces without turning them, 3 to 4 times during baking. Immediately upon removing from oven seal pan tightly in foil and let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.

I always get rave reviews everyone thinks you fussed when you didn't!! Enjoy

1. Marinate chicken in italian salad dressing, then bake at 350 until done. Serve with rice or noodles.

2. Mix flour, salt, pepper, paprika and dried oregano or basil. Coat chicken with flour mixture, place in baking dish with a little olive oil, bake at 350 until done.

Pound chix breast thin and dredge in seasoned flour. salt and pepper is enough

FRy in Olive OIl.

Remove from pan when done.

Deglaze the pan with juice from a fresh lemon juice and butter ( use a little broth instead)

Pour sauce over the chicken and serve with pasta.

quick, simple and Delicious!

This can be used for tacos or burritos or salad. The cooking liquid is used for soup the next day. Two meals in one!!!

Put into a crockpot

chicken breasts or thighs (whatever you'd need for a meal, plus a few extra)

2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chiles

can of corn

cook on low all day.

Before serving, take the chicken out and shred it. Put it back into the pot to heat back up and soak up some juices.

You it for whatever you like! DON'T dump out the juices. Use the leftover chicken and juices to make Chicken Tortilla soup. Add some black beans, cumin and lime juice. When the soup is heated, slice flour or corn tortillas in "noodles" add to soup and cook until tender. Serve with cheese and sour cream.

With lefto

We love chicken curry, but this is a modified recipe.

Throw chicken breasts, curry powder, coconut milk and onion in crockpot. Some folks put potatoes in, too, but we don't.

Serve with rice, garnish with peanuts, coconut, bell peppers.

I'm sure you can google some more precise recipes that will be more authentic. :)

Aggie

I got my favorite chicken recipe right here on TWTM :001_smile: and it is very, very simple to make.

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup mustard

Mix together and pour over chicken. Bake 350 degree for 1 hour. If you like more sauce (I do) just up the measurements to 1/2 cup each.

One More:

I've been doing a variation on the theme above and my dh just loves it. Still simple, but you need to start with cooked chicken. Sometimes I use the cooked frozen chicken breasts from Sam's club, microwave them and then cut them into pieces, or, like today, I just used a box of cubed, frozen chicken.

Cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup mustard

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Fresh Spinach (I use a salad bag)

Optional: sometimes I like to throw in some slivered almonds

In large skillet, brown chicken in EVOO. Mix honey and mustard. Add a bit of EVOO then pour over chicken in skillet to heat through. If using almonds, throw those in here. Dump spinach on top and let it wilt down a bit. Don't overcook spinach. This is like a cooked version of a spinach salad with honey mustard dressing.

I got my favorite chicken recipe right here on TWTM :001_smile: and it is very, very simple to make.

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup mustard

Mix together and pour over chicken. Bake 350 degree for 1 hour. If you like more sauce (I do) just up the measurements to 1/2 cup each.

One More:

I've been doing a variation on the theme above and my dh just loves it. Still simple, but you need to start with cooked chicken. Sometimes I use the cooked frozen chicken breasts from Sam's club, microwave them and then cut them into pieces, or, like today, I just used a box of cubed, frozen chicken.

Cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup mustard

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Fresh Spinach (I use a salad bag)

Optional: sometimes I like to throw in some slivered almonds

In large skillet, brown chicken in EVOO. Mix honey and mustard. Add a bit of EVOO then pour over chicken in skillet to heat through. If using almonds, throw those in here. Dump spinach on top and let it wilt down a bit. Don't overcook spinach. This is like a cooked version of a spinach salad with honey mustard dressing.

Yummm!