Menu

The Rapid Week Teachers Lounge 8-4-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Friday and welcome to the Lounge!

Where homeschool teachers (active and retired, alike) are welcome to come in, take a load off,

relax, and enjoy some friendly conversation. NO STUDENTS. Although, if the current homeschool teacher

is also a student somewhere, that's perfectly acceptable.  :D 

Today's theme stems not from going white water rafting (which would be fun)

but from the fact that I feel this week has gone by VERY fast. Anyone else with me on this?

If you could completely ignore your "to do" list today (without any repercussions) and do ANYTHING today, 

what would it be? Here: I would definitely travel to a city up north! The further north I go, the higher the elevation,

and the cooler the temperatures!

Anyone ever been white water rafting? Here: me, a LONG time ago. I would like to go again!

Anyone ever been canoeing? Here: several times growing up. My kids have yet to be in one. Need to change that!

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 3

What would I do? Read, or go rock climbing. Both are like heaven for me. (Or read on my Kindle while traveling to go climb.)

White water rafting? A few times. We went as a family about 5 years ago to the New River in West Virginia. It was a blast.

I've been canoeing a few times. I like kayaking better. But not in rapids ;-). Maybe when life settles down more, dh and I will take up a few of the again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

What I'd do: write! I want one day this month all to myself just so I can research and write for fun!

White water rafting: yes, multiple times as a teenager. I'd love to go again.

Canoeing: not since I was a kid.

This week went by so SLOWLY!!! And since dh has to work tomorrow it isn't going to be over until tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 2

Today's theme stems not from going white water rafting (which would be fun)

but from the fact that I feel this week has gone by VERY fast. Anyone else with me on this?

If you could completely ignore your "to do" list today (without any repercussions) and do ANYTHING today, 

what would it be? Here: I would definitely travel to a city up north! The further north I go, the higher the elevation,

and the cooler the temperatures!

Anyone ever been white water rafting? Here: me, a LONG time ago. I would like to go again!

Anyone ever been canoeing? Here: several times growing up. My kids have yet to be in one. Need to change that!

Talk to me! :bigear:

this week has been torturously long. We are having a terrible time settling in to our new life. Now that all the stress and drama is over, I expect my kids to fall into line. Not at all reasonable as the little ones have never had a line to fall into. I forget that their entire memory has been of disrruption and chaos :( 

I would love to sit on the couch all day and finish knitting a fuzzy little capelet for my bff's daughter. I have wanted to make her something forever, but this is my first project for her. if I have enough yarn, I will make a matching hood. I'm using yarn that was given to me by her grandma, so that's a little extra special. i'm freehanding it. I'm new to freehand and I LOVE IT! I think I have found my place in the crafting world. 

We had a huge monsoon last night. It's wet out, but the heat is so much better now. Since having our windows installed, our house is so much cooler. I love it. Now we are talking about stuccoing the outside, which will not only make the house cooler, but also so much prettier. It's a really plain block house. kind of sad looking. I now have a lovely view out the sliding doors. I can enjoy my yard without going outside. 

So, yeah. sit on the couch, knit, enjoy my beautiful view. 

i've never been rafting. I've never felt one way or the other about it. I'm a skilled swimmer, former lifeguard and ocean swimmer, so I have mixed feelings about fast moving water. 

We used to take Ben canoeing regularly when he was small. we could never take Jeff, though. He's too wild. I want to take up kayaking. I have scheduled a couple of trips, but never followed through. soon. Canoeing would be good too, especially with the kids. 

• Like 2

Strawberry, glad to see you in here! Glad your drama is over and you can settle into more peaceful days now. Give the littles time to transition. They'll get there, but it will be a process.

hjffkj, I need to write, too! My corporate espionage thriller is just begging me to FINISH it already! LOL

Ellen and Butter, sounds like you two should plan a get-away together and just enjoy the quiet and READ.

Jean, naptime!!! ;-)

I really just want to GO. Somewhere up north, where it's COOLER. Yes, yes, we have a/c but that is NOT the same!

• Like 2

Rapid: Yes, this week flew by! We are sliding into school, doing just mornings this week while I try to get the schedule right. Next week, full days. 

Free day: I'd split it between organizing school stuff and school plans and reading for fun.

Rafting: Yes, several times, a loong time ago. It was very exciting!

Canoeing: Yes, tons. Possibly next month. We got rained out twice this summer. 

• Like 3

So dd and I went shopping at Hobby Lobby this morning. Just got back and I proceeded to spend about the same amount on Amazon Prime just now.

Need to s - l - o - w - l - y (maybe rapidly) move away from the computer and my wallet now! Focus on non-money-sucking activities for the rest of the day!

Although I have to go out again later to pay a couple of bills and pick up my Farmers Market inventory for tomorrow! *sigh*

• Like 2

I have had a headache, a nasty one, and completely, utterly ignored my to do list today. So there you have it. I binge watched episodes of Madame Secretary and pretended advil was candy. Okay, not really on that last one but I have had a fair amount of advil today.

I have never been white water rafting. 

I have canoed, and we own a canoe. But we prefer kayaking.

• Like 2

I went to Goodwill today and found a leather bound copy of 2 Neil Gaiman books for $2. We already own both books but I got it because it'd be a wonderful gift for someone. Then I check Amazon and can trade it in for $20 or sell it for at least $50. I don't think I'll be gifting it anymore.

• Like 3

I went to Goodwill today and found a leather bound copy of 2 Neil Gaiman books for $2. We already own both books but I got it because it'd be a wonderful gift for someone. Then I check Amazon and can trade it in for $20 or sell it for at least $50. I don't think I'll be gifting it anymore.

Score.

How smart. 

I really need to learn how to sell on Amazon.  It sounds so much easier than Ebay.  I just don't know how.

Score.

How smart.

I really need to learn how to sell on Amazon. It sounds so much easier than Ebay. I just don't know how.

It is so incredibly easy. I hate using eBay but I've never had an issue with Amazon. The only sucky thing about amazon is you can't sell toys and games during the Christmas shopping season unless you are a specific type of seller. I don't sell enough to qualify. But most of my toys and games do better in local Facebook groups anyway.

My mom has been selling books on Amazon for years. At any given time she has at least 1000 listed. I actually give her my books to list and she takes a little bit of my profits. That way it sells faster since she is quite established and we can both make a little off of a good find. She listed it last night for $70.