Menu

Trick-or-Treating at our priest's house...

I had to go to our church today for a meeting and someone asked what we were doing for Halloween. I said I was unsure, since we just moved here and we live in a neighborhood with a lot of elderly (no trick-or-treating since there are no kids). Two separate people told me we had to go to our priest's house because he gives out full size candy bars and then do the street that runs in front of the church. So, that is what we did.

Father T. not only gave out candy that was not "fun" size, it was king size, h told each kid to take FIVE pieces. That almost was our first and last stop. We ended up walking on the main street (lots of big, old, fancy houses) and several people gave full size candy and one man even gave $2 or $3 with his candy. My girls could not believe their good fortune. This was their first real trick-or-treating experience. Needless to say, we know where to go next year. :001_smile:

You have cool priests - when I was young in S. California we had both the nuns and the priests from the Catholic Church behind our house living on our street - the priests in a dark, corner house and the nuns in the middle of the block. The nuns were good for excited exclamations over every child's costume and full-size candy bars. The priests would not even open their door.

Our mom used to make extra cookies and send us with a plateful to the nun's house, too.

My sil is a full-habit Dominican sister in Nashville - I beleive they would give out good candy, too, if their house was not at the top of a large hill with a loooong winding road.

You have cool priests - when I was young in S. California we had both the nuns and the priests from the Catholic Church behind our house living on our street - the priests in a dark, corner house and the nuns in the middle of the block. The nuns were good for excited exclamations over every child's costume and full-size candy bars. The priests would not even open their door.

Our mom used to make extra cookies and send us with a plateful to the nun's house, too.

My sil is a full-habit Dominican sister in Nashville - I beleive they would give out good candy, too, if their house was not at the top of a large hill with a loooong winding road.

http://asksistermarymartha.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html

Scroll down to Oct. 20, when Sister Mary Martha was at the fabric store. Sister had an excited exclamation about a little girl's costume choice that will make you :lol:

http://asksistermarymartha.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html

Scroll down to Oct. 20, when Sister Mary Martha was at the fabric store. Sister had an excited exclamation about a little girl's costume choice that will make you :lol:

That was funny. I also like the line in th subsequent post about mothers sneaking the Snickers out the kids haul and leaving the candy corn behind. I think my girls are hiding their candy from me. :glare: