Menu

Sally Beauty Supply

Granny_Weatherwax

I visited SBS for the first time today. A local friend had suggested I stop by and check out the hair coloring supplies. I only had a few minutes but I will definitely be going back when I have some free time and some spare money. I had no idea that professional wax melters and wax could be purchased by lay people. The cost looks fairly inexpensive. A wax melter, wax and strips could be paid for in three uses when compared to going to the salon.

Do any of you go to SBS? What do you recommend a newbie should look at? What other salon treats can be done at home? 

I'm excited because SBS carries the same brand of hair coloring as the salon I frequent (or infrequent since I only color my hair once every 6 months) and I paid less than $20 for the color, the developer, the bowl, and the brush. I have enough to do my hair twice. For these prices I can color my hair every two months.  Woot woot!

Edited by Scoutermom
  • Like 1

I get my hair conditioner there.  

I get the biggest bottle I can:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/one-n-only-argan-oil-moisture-repair-conditioner/ONEONL19,default,pd.html?list=Search_Results#q=argon+oil+conditioner&start=1

I also bought some waxing supplies from them.  It lasts forever.  

I love these round brushes:  http://www.sallybeauty.com/ball-tip-brushes/BRSHST4,default,pd.html?list=Search_Results#q=brushes&start=1 

• Like 2

Hair pins and bun nets etc for us too. And when I had to cut back years ago on $$$, I got all of my waxing supplies there too. Make sure you sign up for the membership and you'll get more off and other coupons.

Palladio rice papers....but only when they have a good deal.  Otherwise, it's cheaper to buy on Amazon.

I've bought several things at Sally's that I've later seen pop up at more "mainstream" stores (like Target):  our first Tangle Teaser brush came from Sally's (before they were widespread popular), as did those no-heat spiral curlers.  I've seen these things at the big, box stores now.

• Like 3

Everything. I've been going since I was 15.

Hair color, gloves, squeeze bottles, brushes, combs, makeup, nail polish, acrylic nails, wax strips, leave in conditioner. Curlers, sleep caps, shower caps. False lashes. Body glitter, self tanner, perming supplies. Temporary hair color, face paint, contour pencils, bronzer. Rice powder, face papers. Hair clips, hair pins, shampoo, conditioner, styling products, hair scissors, clippers, clippers guards, body trimmers,

I'm sure other things. I've been through a few trends.

Edited by desertstrawberry5
  • Like 2

Everything. I've been going since I was 15.

Hair color, gloves, squeeze bottles, brushes, combs, makeup, nail polish, acrylic nails, wax strips, leave in conditioner. Curlers, sleep caps, shower caps. False lashes. Body glitter, self tanner, perming supplies. Temporary hair color, face paint, contour pencils, bronzer. Rice powder, face papers. Hair clips, hair pins, shampoo, conditioner, styling products, hair scissors, clippers, clippers guards, body trimmers,

I'm sure other things. I've been through a few trends.

Yep! I get all my hair color there for sure. Any face or grooming supplies. I buy hair dryers and straighteners there too. It's a great place! 

• Like 1

I went to one in Virginia years ago and they refused to sell to me because I wasn't a professional beauty person (??).  So I assume that's changed now?

I have never stopped in because I thought it was for professional stylists only. That's why I was surprised when my friend said I could buy products there too. I never would have gone in if someone hadn't told me the general public was welcome. Bad advertising and marketing strategy; they need to get someone new on board who will advertise the chain to the public.

• Like 1

I get my hair conditioner there.  

I get the biggest bottle I can:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/one-n-only-argan-oil-moisture-repair-conditioner/ONEONL19,default,pd.html?list=Search_Results#q=argon+oil+conditioner&start=1

I also bought some waxing supplies from them.  It lasts forever.  

I love these round brushes:  http://www.sallybeauty.com/ball-tip-brushes/BRSHST4,default,pd.html?list=Search_Results#q=brushes&start=1 

Wow! The site is down. Did WTMers max out their traffic? :-D