Menu

Amelia Bedelia...

wouldn't this make a good movie? Every time I read one of these books I can just picture a funny, kids movie. I wonder how I could get paid for pitching the idea?

:hurray: Now that's a movie I'd go see!

Warning, one of my slightly off topic stories:

My mother has volunteered to clean my overworked sister's house once a week. She's retired and enjoys it and can't stand a messy house. Problem is...one week she spilled bleach on the carpet, the next week she ripped the linoleum moving the refrigerator, the next week she broke a comemorative dish, (you get the picture). I told my sister, "You're going to have to fire Amelia Bedelia". (Of course she went and snitched on me.)

wouldn't this make a good movie? Every time I read one of these books I can just picture a funny, kids movie. I wonder how I could get paid for pitching the idea?

Great idea! My family LOVES Amelia Bedelia books. Well, we used too. I haven't seen any of them off the shelf lately. I still think they would love a movie.

NO,NO,NO, I hate Amelia Bedeila!!!

My kids love her!!!

After I read two of them out loud I refused to ever do it again!!!!!!!

:lol: I don't like her either. We've only read one book. It really bothers me when she gets everything wrong. I don't know that I could watch a movie but I bet kids would love it! I never liked those screwball comedies either where everything is so mixed up. I keep wanting to yell at everyone. :001_smile:

it's already listed on Movie Insider, which has Tom Hanks listed as producer. According to this, Peggy Parish's nephew is writing the script.

Wikipedia listed an Amelia Bedelia movie being released back in the 80s.

Oh, I'm so glad this is happening! I guess they read my mind. So much for getting the big check. Can't wait to see it. The kids will love it! I hope it's "appropriate". Sometimes kid's movies are borderline, you know? Hopefully it's just enjoyable without any questionable stuff.

Thanks for sharing this info.