Menu

Road trip thread?.?

KungFuPanda

Not too long ago there was a thread about traveling with kids. There were a few good ideas. One in particular I thought "I'm definitely doing that." Maybe something about a bag or paper towels? I don't even remember. Now I'm traveling tomorrow and cannot find that thread.

My kids are older, so they can manage their own distractions, but my neurotic dog is going. It's a 5 hour trip and it'll be hot.

Was it the Emergency Bucket we take?

For travel in the car with young ones I suggest an "emergency bucket".

Take a 5 qt ice cream pail with lid. Line the bucket with 2-3 plastic shopping bags and then out several layers of paper towels or napkins in the bottom. Pack a small bag with some TP, extra plastic bags, napkins, etc.

This emergency bucket is great as an emergency potty of you get stuck in traffic or on a stretch of road with no facilities. It also works as a puke pail, etc.

If it is needed, you just put on the lid and then at the next stop tie up the bags and toss in the next trashcan.

Take a 5 qt ice cream pail with lid. Line the bucket with 2-3 plastic shopping bags and then out several layers of paper towels or napkins in the bottom. Pack a small bag with some TP, extra plastic bags, napkins, etc.

This emergency bucket is great as an emergency potty of you get stuck in traffic or on a stretch of road with no facilities. It also works as a puke pail, etc.

If it is needed, you just put on the lid and then at the next stop tie up the bags and toss in the next trashcan.

Was it the Emergency Bucket we take?

Yep, it was that bucket! THANKS. I have an older kid who gets carsick when we drive to WV. She's used to zero terrain in MD. There's not always a shoulder for pulling over in WV, so we need the bucket.

Pepto doesn't seem to help her. We're thinking of trying Dramamine and giving her the front seat once we get into the hills. Is Dramamine significantly different than Pepto for nausea?

Yep, it was that bucket! THANKS. I have an older kid who gets carsick when we drive to WV. She's used to zero terrain in MD. There's not always a shoulder for pulling over in WV, so we need the bucket.

Pepto doesn't seem to help her. We're thinking of trying Dramamine and giving her the front seat once we get into the hills. Is Dramamine significantly different than Pepto for nausea?

Good luck! I once got carsick while DRIVING in WV. Now that I'm more use to hilly roads I do better now.

And yes Dramamine helps prevent the nausea , I've never heard of using pepto until after vomiting. You can get a non drowsy version, that's what I prefer.