Menu

Do you clean your kitchen every night?

Calizzy

I've been doing it every night for three weeks and honestly...it makes me feel happy to start the day with a clean kitchen (who knew?!) so it's a good investment of my time. We have some "kinks" to work out like...what about the before bed snackers who just cannot seem to remove traces of their snack from the room but...it's a process I think. I'd consider trying it. It really takes a little bit of pre-planning for me (run the dishwasher early enough to have time to empty it) but the payoff is great. I dry the dishes in the drain and put them away. Leave out a clean towel for morning and go to bed knowing that the next day will truly be a fresh start.

Yes. It might not be spic and span but the counters and stove are wiped down and there are no dishes in the sink. It drives me nuts if dh leaves a dish in the sink after I go to bed.

Walking into the kitchen first thing in the morning and seeing a dirty sink sets me off.

• Like 1

We load the dishwasher throughout the day, make a final sweep for stray cups in the evening and run it every. single. night. For some reason, life descends into chaos the next day if we forget or decide it's not full enough to run. 

I will let difficult things soak overnight rather than fight to scrub them. dh has a harder time with that, but it's easier now that we have a big single sink and you don't see pot handles sticking up or anything. 

Counters are always wiped off. 

I infinitely prefer waking at 6:30 to some dishes in the kitchen to being woken from sleep in the middle of the night by DS/DH cleaning up things in the kitchen.

Not me. The sound of someone else cleaning is like a sweet, sweet lullaby. 

• Like 1